2018 Yukon Denali w adaptive cruise tow hook installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone added a front recovery hook to their rig?
They do not come factory installed but may be ordered as a pair. When looking behind the bumper at the receivers, the driver side is full of 'adaptive electronics' while the passenger side is open. GMC hook 'fits' but does not even touch the plastic shroud from the inside. The hook looks to be 3" -5" short of usefulness, even if I cut a hole in the wind deflector. Help?

OP
OP
T

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I cut a rectangle in the plastic shroud to the same size as the 'template' inside the cover, then went a 1/4" more on the top as I was still not able to hook a shackle or my ****** strap to the recovery hook itself. Now looking for a 'filler' or cover for the hole. "H" covers appear to be sold, but not for the 2018 model, yet. BTW....I have a black tow hook for sale...as you can only install one on this trim line.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What side did you end up installing the one hook on?
Go to your local junkyard and get an interior door trim panel, like off of rear or side cargo door of a ford van, cut it to fit your extra hole. You know, those textured black flexible plastic panels...

OP
OP
T

TwoBigBoys n dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone added a front recovery hook to their rig?
They do not come factory installed but may be ordered as a pair. When looking behind the bumper at the receivers, the driver side is full of 'adaptive electronics' while the passenger side is open. GMC hook 'fits' but does not even touch the plastic shroud from the inside. The hook looks to be 3" -5" short of usefulness, even if I cut a hole in the wind deflector. Help?
So...I installed the passenger side; still would like a cover/ something to close the trip hole. May have to mod one myself.Yukon tow hook insall.jpg
What side did you end up installing the one hook on?
Go to your local junkyard and get an interior door trim panel, like off of rear or side cargo door of a ford van, cut it to fit your extra hole. You know, those textured black flexible plastic panels...
TY- The tow hook only works on the passenger side for rigs with adaptive cruise control. the driver side frame rail is filled with electronics. I will post once I have it finalized.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OT-
What do you have going with your license plate frame?

MLML

Reaction score
Nice BumpShox license plate frame. I just ordered one a few days ago.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...I installed the passenger side; still would like a cover/ something to close the trip hole. May have to mod one myself.View attachment 214431

TY- The tow hook only works on the passenger side for rigs with adaptive cruise control. the driver side frame rail is filled with electronics. I will post once I have it finalized.

I have a new gm piece with that hole in it. I got the wrong one the first time.... I needed one just like what I had, minus the plate bracket holes.A23C27C0-AFA3-4C19-9F6B-792BEBB3D0E5.jpeg

Inspector17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new gm piece with that hole in it. I got the wrong one the first time.... I needed one just like what I had, minus the plate bracket holes.View attachment 214577

What's the part number for the fascia piece with just the cutout on the passenger side? I'd like to do this install but I have ACC and I don't just want to cut a hole in the fascia I have. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645