ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL RECOVERY HOOKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and have been finding a lot of useful information thanks to everyone here. I have a 2015 GMC Yukon Denali and purchased a new front lower fascia with the tow hook openings and a pair of new tow hooks. I do have Adaptive Cruise Control on this vehicle which has stopped me in my tracks as far as this install goes. I don’t want to eliminate the ACC feature as I enjoy it on the highway. Surely someone here has come up with a work around for this issue? Or should I just return the items. I cannot find any solution for this issue on Google or any other site for that matter.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I would consult my local dealer (assuming you have a trusted one like I do) and determine if the recovery hooks were an option compatible with ACC from the factory. If they were, there’s probably a calibration for that combination of hardware.

You may be able to find this out independently if you can locate a copy of the ordering guide for that model year. That will describe all the options and which combos are compatible or incompatible.

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
I would consult my local dealer (assuming you have a trusted one like I do) and determine if the recovery hooks were an option compatible with ACC from the factory. If they were, there’s probably a calibration for that combination of hardware.

You may be able to find this out independently if you can locate a copy of the ordering guide for that model year. That will describe all the options and which combos are compatible or incompatible.
Thank you for your quick response Bill. I have viewed all of the parts diagrams from the dealer and what I’ve found is that “factory” I am not able to install tow hooks if the vehicle has ACC. I was hoping someone on this forum had found a work around for this slightly frustrating issue. The ACC module is bolted to the front of the Left side frame rail. Leaves me absolutely zero room for tow hooks. I have looked all over the net for either some after market bracket or part that would allow me to either relocate the ACC module, or simply work around it… no success. Hoping someone has succeeded me in accomplishing this task. If so please let me know. Thanks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Just curious..... Is this mod for some use case where you actually will use the tow hooks, or is this just for show, as in red tow hooks?

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Hello Joseph,

The tow hooks would be for aesthetics more so than actual use. Although, from what I’ve read… the passenger side has no restrictions as far as installing the tow hook to the frame rail, only the drivers side has the ACC module blocking access/use of frame rail.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

SeventhFullsizeGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked into this shortly after I bought my 2019. From what I was able to determine, you had to choose either the recovery hooks or ACC. If you'd really like a recovery point up front, I don't see any reason why you couldn't cut a hole in your existing front valance and install just the passenger's side hook. It won't look symmetrical, so perhaps not the aesthetics you are looking for, but it should be a viable option. Good luck!

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Setina sells a relocation kit
It's for the push bars on the Tahoe PPV models.

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses! Ghost, I cannot seem to find the ACC relocation kit your referencing on Setinas website for a Yukon. The only ACC relocation kits I can seem to find are for Ford F-150s. Do you by chance have a link you could share?

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested as well as i have a setina push bar on my yukon and need to relocate the acc radar module..... i have tried to find a harness extender but have had no luck

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe the 2015 escalade had there acc radar in the center and i think it was attached to the crash bar i wonder is we could buy that crash bar and bracket and mount ours there but would have to do more research to see if its even possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout