ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL RECOVERY HOOKS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of where the ACC mounts up? I just looked under my Tahoe and don't see it and not sure I see where the tow hooks would get in the way of anything. I have the button on my steering wheel but I can’t tell if I have this feature or not. Can anyone help me figure out if I have ACC?
I’m not anywhere near my truck at the moment. Out of town but I’ll upload pictures next week when I return.
If you have ACC you will see that on the front of your driver’s side frame rail where the tow hook would slide in, would be blocked by a module attached to a steel bracket. There would be no way for you to install the tow hook if you have ACC.

IF you are able to slide a tow hook in the driver side frame rail, you probably don’t have ACC and it’s possible that there was a steering wheel swap or steering wheel trim swap? OR someone took your ACC module prior to you purchasing it!? I don’t know.

Is there a module blocking the entrance on the front of driver side frame rail?

cardershack

Reaction score
I’m not anywhere near my truck at the moment. Out of town but I’ll upload pictures next week when I return.
If you have ACC you will see that on the front of your driver’s side frame rail where the tow hook would slide in, would be blocked by a module attached to a steel bracket. There would be no way for you to install the tow hook if you have ACC.

IF you are able to slide a tow hook in the driver side frame rail, you probably don’t have ACC and it’s possible that there was a steering wheel swap or steering wheel trim swap? OR someone took your ACC module prior to you purchasing it!? I don’t know.

Is there a module blocking the entrance on the front of driver side frame rail?
No both frame rail ends are open so I guess I don’t have it. I think the collision alert button on the steering wheel is also used for ACC if you have it to set the distance. I think I’ll be good to go. Going to get the tow hooks I ordered from the dealership tomorrow and putting it on soon hopefully. Will also be cutting the air deflector. I’ll add some pics when I’m done. I appreciate the help. No need to upload pictures since it would be obvious if I had it or not from looking

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
No both frame rail ends are open so I guess I don’t have it. I think the collision alert button on the steering wheel is also used for ACC if you have it to set the distance. I think I’ll be good to go. Going to get the tow hooks I ordered from the dealership tomorrow and putting it on soon hopefully. Will also be cutting the air deflector. I’ll add some pics when I’m done. I appreciate the help. No need to upload pictures since it would be obvious if I had it or not from looking
That’s good… makes it a much easier job.
Are you cutting the air deflector that’s attached to the bottom of the front bumper? Or are you referring to the lower valence for the tow hooks?

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
Are you cutting the air deflector that’s attached to the bottom of the front bumper? Or are you referring to the lower valence for the tow hooks?

cardershack

Reaction score
The lower air deflector on the bumper that scrapes my driveway every time I back out. Pretty dumb how low that hangs down. I purchased the fascia piece with the tow hook holes

OP
OP
Mitchell0827

Mitchell0827

Reaction score
The lower air deflector on the bumper that scrapes my driveway every time I back out. Pretty dumb how low that hangs down. I purchased the fascia piece with the tow hook holes
Oh yah, those…. I agree, ridiculously low. I was going to install a new PPV one instead of cutting but I ended up lifting it so it doesn’t need it anymore.
The Police Tahoe’s deflector is about Half the size of the standard Tahoe and Yukons deflectors. I guess GM figured only Police need clearance. Lol

cardershack

Reaction score
Oh yah, those…. I agree, ridiculously low. I was going to install a new PPV one instead of cutting but I ended up lifting it so it doesn’t need it anymore.
The Police Tahoe’s deflector is about Half the size of the standard Tahoe and Yukons deflectors. I guess GM figured only Police need clearance. Lol
I quoted the PPV deflector at the dealership and they told me $658 plus tax. The stock one at the dealership was $120. I’m gonna just cut it as short as I can and be done with it. I’d prefer to put a replacement part on there versus cutting something but the ppv part is way to expensive and not worth the money IMO. If I cut this and mess it up I’ll consider it but I bet i would just get the stock one and try cutting again before spending $600+ to get a few inches of clearance

cardershack

Reaction score
A little off topic but does anyone know the part number for the clips that hold the fascia on? I broke 2 of them when taking it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC