2018 Tahoe LT 4WD Intermittent Start problem, occasionally will not turn on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After turning off the vehicle, the Tahoe sometimes loses all electrical charge and will not start, and even the power doors lock.

After a few hours, or overnight, it sometimes just comes back on and starts normally again. The last time it happened, I wiggled the wire connections to the 12v battery and this seemed to fix something, because the car turned on normally after doing so.

The 12v battery gauge shows a normal 12:00 o'clock reading (ie a normal reading), and the SUV seems to charge and hold a charge properly. The alternator works, the vehicle has plenty of power when running, and things work normally with no signs of low or fluctuating power levels(when the car does turn on normally, that is).

Sometimes, the car asks me to open and close the driver's side window and then open and close the passenger side window.

Looking for a do it yourself solution.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like all things electrical, inspect and clean all larger powered connections, grounds ect.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the connections. Wouldn’t hurt to get the battery load tested to see if there’s a dead cell.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ground behind the engine block on the driver side near firewall. I have heard of people having issues with it not secured properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16rgs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 18 Tahoe. Intermittent until one morning it would not start at all. Towed to dealer. They diagnosed it as the starter. Replaced under warranty. No problems since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts