2017 Yukon taillight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchurch5945

Reaction score
My daughter has a 2017 Yukon. The passenger taillight went out back in july and we bought a used one on ebay and replaced it in the middle of July. Now 21 days later it has gone out again. Reading here on the forum I found that there are issues with 2015 and 2016 taillights, but could this be the same issue? Should we buy a rebuilt one, which seems to fix the problem on the 15 -16 models. If not, what could be the issue?

Thanks!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could buy a rebuilt one, send yours out for repair or repair it yourself. Google is your friend. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

rchurch5945

Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I googled it first. From what I read it's very hard to fix yourself as the circuit board is very easy to damage as you are cutting the taillight open to work on it. On ebay there are companies that either sell rebuilt ones or you can send yours in to be rebuilt, which is a lot cheaper. The problem with that is you won't have a taillight while it's being rebuilt.

I would just like to make sure that is the issue before we spend any more money and was hoping someone on here may know about this issue. The one we bought was $400 so I'd like to make sure the next one will last more than 21 days!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be just bad luck that two went out or maybe an electrical issue causing them to stop working. The one you purchased had no warranty? ,usually if you purchase from a salvage yard it comes with some sort of warranty. Not really sure who you purchased from.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes, I googled it first. From what I read it's very hard to fix yourself as the circuit board is very easy to damage as you are cutting the taillight open to work on it. On ebay there are companies that either sell rebuilt ones or you can send yours in to be rebuilt, which is a lot cheaper. The problem with that is you won't have a taillight while it's being rebuilt.

It doesn't have to be that difficult. There are quite a few vendors on eBay that will ship you the remanufactured/repaired OEM tail light first. Once you receive it you simply remove and reinstall. Then ship back your OEM non-working failing tail light and then you receive a core charge refund. This process allows you to NOT be without a tail light.

I did this on both of the rear tail lights on my 2015 GMC Yukon Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog