2017 Yukon hesitating/shuddering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, you might be onto something.

A few months ago, I complained that my fuel gauge was very erratic.
All of a sudden the fuel level is way inaccurate.

It has a 31 gallon tank, with a range of about 530 miles. The gauge is digital. I can fill up the truck completely, and while driving, it will "lose" 2-3 miles of range over a short amount of time. The worst I've seen is that it shows about 1/4 tank left after being filled up completely and only about 80 miles of driving.

No, this isn't a leak either, because while driving, and randomly, it will slowly creep back up to the correct "level", both the level and the range.

Today, I ran the tank down till it said "LOW", put in 25 gallons, and when I started up the truck, it showed that it was only 3/4 full and that the range was 376 miles, which is obviously incorrect. Then, while driving, it slowly crept its way up to 7/8 full and 476 miles, which was better, but still incorrect.

Does it sound like my fuel pump is bad and needs replacing? I've also once heard a super loud banging back there, underneath the seat, in the tank area.

Since then I've lost about 100 miles off the range, I'm never able to get more than 430 miles out of a tank. I don't have a bi-directional scan tool, just a regular one, so I connected it and looked at some live data while driving. I didn't see any misfires, but maybe this is fuel related rather than transmission???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar