2017 Yukon hesitating/shuddering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Td_symmons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all! New to the forum and first post:

I have a 2017 GMC Yukon 5.3 SLE 4WD (157k miles) with a hesitation issue. While accelerating, the vehicle experiences a slight shudder and acts like it has a very hard time accelerating until it downshifts and the shudder goes away. No trouble codes. Shudder/shake does not persist after letting off the gas pedal. No matter the speed (but it’s worse at highway speeds). The following maintenance was just completed about 1k miles ago to fix other issues- after which this new problem arose.

-New full set of OEM (nominal flow) injectors
-Intake port cleaning
-Tire rotate & balance
-Added some Lubegard platinum to the transmission fluid

Important info:
-Transmission rebuild at 130k miles
-Spark plugs replaced at 130k miles

This really acts like a low fuel pressure problem from experience diagnosing other vehicles, but I am not really sure.

I have attached an image of my most recent graph recording of some PIDs while this issue occurred. Note the circled area since the screenshot was taken while the problem was recreated.

Anybody else have this issue or know what to check for? I included the MAP sensor reading on the graph since I saw one person with this issue reported a faulty MAP sensor being the issue.

Attachments

• 2A65218A-5DC2-424A-8857-83A04E97E539.jpeg
    2A65218A-5DC2-424A-8857-83A04E97E539.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019