2017 Yukon Stabiltrak and electronic errors PLEASE HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paulhd883

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here. I have a 2017 Yukon with 118,000 miles. About a month ago, the electronics have been going crazy. The Stabilitrak light comes on, the vehicle hard shifts, the tach, speedo, and other gauges other than fuel and battery just bounce up and down like crazy. When put in reverse, the camera shows but says “rear vision system unavailable.” I lose power steering briefly. Check engine light comes on and throws code U0073 - control module communication bus off. This always happens until the engine is warm. Then it runs fine. The lane assist has quit working all together.
I took it to my mechanic, who seems to know what he’s doing, can’t figure it out. He said since it’s all electronic, he thinks it’s a power issue. He replaced the battery but it has done nothing. ANY help is appreciated before I have to take this to GM.

OP
OP
P

Paulhd883

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_3717.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3714.jpeg
    IMG_3714.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3713.jpeg
    IMG_3713.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3715.jpeg
    IMG_3715.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
P

Paulhd883

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a video of the gauges but can’t figure out how to post it

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Host it somewhere like YouTube and post the link to it. TYF can't host videos.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Sure sounds like an electrical issue. When this occurs, we check all ground points to ensure that they are clean and tight. Start with ground points in the engine bay and then move to the ground points on the frame underneath.

OP
OP
P

Paulhd883

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! It’s my wife’s truck but I will try to get some pictures. The only one I have right now is of the terrible paint on the hood. Had it wrapped to make it look like new again.

I appreciate the info. I will begin checking the grounds.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0932.jpeg
    IMG_0932.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
P

Paulhd883

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on if this could be the TCM? I had the transmission rebuilt in November. I’m wondering if they either didn’t replace it or if they replaced it with a cheap part?