2016 Tahoe - retractable running board vs stationary

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nelson9937955

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To me the Tahoe’s with the stationary running board look better and more aggressive. I prefer the styling of it over the retractable ones. I don’t really care about clearance or any of that. Strictly highway driven. How big a job is it to remove the retractable steps and put in OEM stationary ones? Cost?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
OEM non power boards are simple to swap out. Sad thing is they’re still pricey as hell. You’ll be better off taking your power boards off, selling them locally (they’ll cost a ton to ship) and buy a set of stationary boards. I’m sure guys on here would trade no problem

MidnightRider

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the retractable boards but would it look better to disable the retract and make them stay out permanently? Just a thought.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with Tahoe14^ I wouldn’t leave the retractable steps just down all the time.

The OEM retractable side steps (and aftermarket AMP steps) come down a bit more and a bit further out from the vehicle when activated. Because of this I find the retractable steps to be more functional and easier to step on than the stock stationary side steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right