(PROJECT) Yukon GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to add some Hellwig swaybars to your list. The retractable running boards were on my must have list when I bought my 2018. Looking forward to seeing some 1/4 mile times. My son has a 2015 6 speed Yukon Denali & mine is a 2018 10 speed. We are going to take them to the track soon.

That was good dyno numbers but those numbers are only as good as the operator. When I took my 2006 Mustang to the dyno it put down over 200hp more than it should due to a bad setting on the dyno. Corrected setting then got what I was expecting.

Good luck with your build.

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much like the AUTO setting on previous model 4wd
It's AUTO on those too. You're right

Nice work OP. It's a solid performer and should serve you well for many years to come. The 6.2 is a beast in stock trim so I can only imagine with with the mods.

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need to add some Hellwig swaybars to your list. The retractable running boards were on my must have list when I bought my 2018. Looking forward to seeing some 1/4 mile times. My son has a 2016 6 speed Yukon Denali & mine is a 2018 10 speed. We are going to take them to the track soon.

That was good dyno numbers but those numbers are only as good as the operator. When I took my 2006 Mustang to the dyno it put down over 200hp more than it should due to a bad setting on the dyno. Corrected setting then got what I was expecting.

Good luck with your build.
Thanks Monte! She corners pretty good since I lowered it but I should check out some bigger sway bars in the future.

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Monte! She corners pretty good since I lowered it but I should check out some bigger sway bars in the future.
I'm kinda building my own Yukon GT. Today I ordered a Bell Tech 2" front drop spindles & rear 3,4" drop kit for my 2018 Yukon Denali. The Hellwig swap bars are on my list but likely a next year project. Will do the 16" brake upgrade when my factory brakes wear down but still look too good at 70K miles so may be awhile.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need video of how the exhaust sounds. Nice build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11