2015 GMC YukonXL- Fox Coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fullnelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well hells bells, I wouldn’t mind knowing more about your suspension setup.
Wish it was available to all. They stopped making and sale if it a few years ago. Was sold as a leveling lift kit to fit 22-24’s for old body style. Helps to be an inside at Kelderman to build my kit. I added airlift to it and made other mods to make it fit.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish it was available to all. They stopped making and sale if it a few years ago. Was sold as a leveling lift kit to fit 22-24’s for old body style. Helps to be an inside at Kelderman to build my kit. I added airlift to it and made other mods to make it fit.

Gotchya.

OP
OP
Nokturnal

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with fox today and the fox 2.5 coilover is 0-3”. So now I think I have all the kinks worked out and the setup I’m ordering is:

Fabtech 3” K1081
This kit will drop the differential in the front and have a UCA I can use instead of buying the Zone UCA. It has the front strut spacer that I won’t be using as I’m going with the Fox 2.5 part #883-02-028 and can achieve the same height up front.
In the rear the kit will give me a 3” coil spacer to get the rear up and the bump stop and sway bar stuff to keep everything in check. I won’t need the Fabtech shock extenders in the rear bc im going to replace my factory air ride shock with the Fox 2.0 shock designed for vehicles with 4-6” lift (part #985-24-194). I’ve bypassed the air ride feature by using the Xineering engineering bypass instructions to keep the check suspension light off)

Fabtech 4” K1081 $770
Fox 2.5 Coilovers Front $1400
Fox 2.0 4-6” Back $170 x 2
$2500 for 4” lift and coil overs doesn’t sound so bad

That puts me at 3” lift up front on coilovers and 4” lift out back on lengthened Fox 2.0’s. Going to see how it looks after install but may go to the 2” rear coil spacer from Fabtech if the rear is sitting too high.

I’ll update everyone as this gets put on right after the new year.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with fox today and the fox 2.5 coilover is 0-3”. So now I think I have all the kinks worked out and the setup I’m ordering is:

Fabtech 3” K1081
This kit will drop the differential in the front and have a UCA I can use instead of buying the Zone UCA. It has the front strut spacer that I won’t be using as I’m going with the Fox 2.5 part #883-02-028 and can achieve the same height up front.
In the rear the kit will give me a 3” coil spacer to get the rear up and the bump stop and sway bar stuff to keep everything in check. I won’t need the Fabtech shock extenders in the rear bc im going to replace my factory air ride shock with the Fox 2.0 shock designed for vehicles with 4-6” lift (part #985-24-194). I’ve bypassed the air ride feature by using the Xineering engineering bypass instructions to keep the check suspension light off)

Fabtech 4” K1081 $770
Fox 2.5 Coilovers Front $1400
Fox 2.0 4-6” Back $170 x 2
$2500 for 4” lift and coil overs doesn’t sound so bad

That puts me at 3” lift up front on coilovers and 4” lift out back on lengthened Fox 2.0’s. Going to see how it looks after install but may go to the 2” rear coil spacer from Fabtech if the rear is sitting too high.

I’ll update everyone as this gets put on right after the new year.

Weeeeeeell, seeing how the factory rake is already horrendous, I cant imagine wanting to add another inch more to it.

If you are going with 3” in the front, I would do either a 1” or 1.5” spacer in the rear.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, seems like you will have very minimal down-travel/droop available if you are set at 3” with stock control arm location. I think I would pony up and get a 4” kit that actually drops the control arm mount, so you can get your travel back.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would ask specifically about the UCA...reason being, the center opening area is key to clear the 2.5 or larger coil over.

just raising a concern that i was informed of, i was told the Icon ( https://iconvehicledynamics.com/acc...07-16-gm-1500-tubular-uca-dj-kit-large-taper/ ) is what most seem to recommend.

if i recall the last set of Zone UCA's that i purchased, they were beefy bout a boxed design that may not have enough clearance. the Fabtech look very similar in design to the Icon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nokturnal

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weeeeeeell, seeing how the factory rake is already horrendous, I cant imagine wanting to add another inch more to it.

If you are going with 3” in the front, I would do either a 1” or 1.5” spacer in the rear.

On my Denali I lost an inch of height in the rear when I swapped from my magnetic/air ride shocks to the Fox 2.0. I think the air compressor kicks on and pushes the factory shock up most of the time and without that extra air you lose an inch. I’m guesstimating it will do the same with I switch to Fox 2.0 in the rear so I was thinking 2” spring spacer but figured I’d let them put the 3” supplied Fabtech rear spacer on and see how it came out. But I’m with you, I’m really thinking it’s gonna be a quick look and then confirmation is too high.

OP
OP
Nokturnal

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, seems like you will have very minimal down-travel/droop available if you are set at 3” with stock control arm location. I think I would pony up and get a 4” kit that actually drops the control arm mount, so you can get your travel back.

the Fabtech kit USED to be labeled a 4” kit but so many people complained that the back came out to 5” and the front only a true 3”. I think they finally got tired of people calling them out on not getting the height up front (without adding a lower strut spacer). On my 2016 Denali Yukon i just added a suspensionmaxx 1” lower strut spacer and it jumped up an inch to get the true 4” and when I swapped out my
Factory magnetic strut for an aftermarket Monroe I actually got another inch of height bringing my front up 5” to match and level the rear height. My front and rear fenders matched at 42”. Most guys with the BDS or similar 4” kits measure 41” at the fender.

it’s when I started swapping the Monroe’s for Fox 2.0 that I created a shit storm of ride height loss issues unexpectedly.

I’m expecting the front to be 38” with the Fox 2.5 and the rear to be 41” with the 3” rear spring spacer and Fox 2.0. The install shop said to get everything on there and see first but I’ve kind of been down this road before. I’m pretty sure we will be swapping to a 1-2” spring spacer in the rear to get achieve leveling

OP
OP
Nokturnal

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would ask specifically about the UCA...reason being, the center opening area is key to clear the 2.5 or larger soil over.

just raising a concern that i was informed of, i was told the Icon ( https://iconvehicledynamics.com/acc...07-16-gm-1500-tubular-uca-dj-kit-large-taper/ ) is what most seem to recommend.

if i recall the last set of Zone UCA's that i purchased, they were beefy bout a boxed design that may not have enough clearance. the Fabtech look very similar in design to the Icon.

excellent point! I need to check if the beefy 2.5 will slide through the Fabtech UCA

OP
OP
Nokturnal

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would ask specifically about the UCA...reason being, the center opening area is key to clear the 2.5 or larger soil over.

It shows the icon 2.5 (basically same as Fox 2.5) is available also in the small taper UCA. It’s way over my head the difference in why someone would want a large taper vs small taper. However, it does show at least the 2.5 is compatible w small Taper UCA

CD72B8A4-EBBC-4918-9B1E-A54ADCB82582.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo