2013 Yukon XL - 131k miles for $25k - buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Davek30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When we went to a Ford dealer this past weekend, he said they expected at least 9-12 months just to have a steady stream of vehicles come in, but not normal levels. He said they expect that there will be about a 3-6 month time period when new inventory will start to hit the lots, but used car pricing will still be high. So if you can time it right, youll be able to get max value for a trade but also get into new with the incentives (Which aren’t much)

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
Wow, I must be really out of touch. I came here to say that the price seems high, like black tar ****** high.

Yea same here .... I purchased my 2007 GMC Yukon brand new 0 miles for $28K. Yea I used a GM family discount ( retied GM father )

That used price seems crazy high to me. but I have not purchased a car since 2012 ( bought a used 2008 Camry for $10K - had 30K miles on it )

Sobro

Reaction score
That's what I paid for my 2012 in July 2019. Did yours have the crack in the dashboard ?

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on your question. I took three days to tow the camper to Denver and was catching up on my other Internet stuff when we landed here.

Mine has several dashboard cracks which I will eventaully address by reinforcing the cracks from the back side. Right now I have cardboard stuffed in the gap that rattles the most.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on your question. I took three days to tow the camper to Denver and was catching up on my other Internet stuff when we landed here.

Mine has several dashboard cracks which I will eventaully address by reinforcing the cracks from the back side. Right now I have cardboard stuffed in the gap that rattles the most.

they make a dash cap works well thats what i did.

LowBurb13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I paid $19,000 for my 2013 Suburban in November with 80k on it. Has every option except navigation. Same Suburban now would be $24-25k.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Ive went thru the sticky posts but that was dealing with more of the 07-09s it seemed. We’ve been a single minivan family for the last six years and we are now looking for a bigger vehicle to accommodate four kids between the ages of 9-4, preferably a Yukon xl, suburban, Escalade, or navigator L. Used is quite expensive in our area but we just test drove a 2013 XL Denali with 131k miles for about 25k out the door, no warranty, and not willing to budge on price, so we left.

It is extremely clean, single owner was used as a corporate vehicle, and was originally bought and serviced at the same dealership. When we test drove, I couldn’t feel any issues. No vibration, tugging, slipping of gears, etc when we drove on city roads and expressway. We are very apprehensive with buying a 2013 since its already 8 years old, and 25k seems crazy for that old of vehicle, but its what the market says with the supply chain and inventory issues.

I am looking to see for this mileage if there are upcoming problem areas like the transmission or major drivetrain issues? In order to get me to 200-250k miles, what problems should I expect?

I am not a car guy and don’t want to be fooled by a nice looking vehicle that’s going to be in the shop for endless repairs.

When the dealership got the vehicle, this is what the carfax said they did..

• Steering/suspension checked
  • Two wheel alignment performed
  • Oil and filter changed
  • Air filter replaced
  • Engine oil/fluid leak checked
  • Brake rotor(s) resurfaced
  • Engine oil cooler line(s) repaired/replaced
  • Front brake rotor(s) replaced
  • Four wheel alignment performed
  • Tires rotated
Thank you very much for the help!

Here is the actual listing...
https://www.sheboygangm.com/used-Sheboygan-2013-GMC-Yukon+XL-Denali-1GKS2MEF3DR372851

Hope you did not buy it The prices on these rigs collapsed faster then the building at surfside

with in the last 10 days

spotted a 4WD for 22.9k

with only 94k miles

i would give it another month from buying a suv the price will collapse further as people start unloading to raise some capital esp gas price creep higher

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts