Looking to buy 2013 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Sierra Denali with 155k miles. Once it rolled 100k, it started becoming a bit of a money pit...

Had to replace control arms, ball joints, front hubs/bearings, brakes, front differential, a front axle halfshaft. Not a fan of the AWD system - lots more moving parts that wear out, and the front diff is pricier than the standard 4x4 front diff.

If you're considering the purchase, I'd suggest a prepurchase inspection at an independent/reputable mechanic.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be my strategy for finding a 2018+ when the time comes. I'll keep perusing FB marketplace in Phoenix for one that has a lifter tick and ask my nephew who lives there to have a look at it for me. If it checks out and they accept my offer, I'll fly out there and we'll load it on a car hauler to be shipped here.
Excellent plan! I'm assuming your nephew is a mechanic? Maybe you can be the supplier for those of us in the future who want the same deal :rocking:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent plan! I'm assuming your nephew is a mechanic? Maybe you can be the supplier for those of us in the future who want the same deal :rocking:
He's an engineer, but a committed car guy. He has a lift in his 6-car garage and everything. Or maybe I'll fly out there for a week and we'll check out a bunch of them together and pick one. He's 15 years younger than me but owns his own engineering firm and bought his family a new '23 Escalade last year.

Hey, maybe this can be my retirement gig someday. Lol.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's an engineer, but a committed car guy. He has a lift in his 6-car garage and everything. Or maybe I'll fly out there for a week and we'll check out a bunch of them together and pick one. He's 15 years younger than me but owns his own engineering firm and bought his family a new '23 Escalade last year.

Hey, maybe this can be my retirement gig someday. Lol.
I like that idea. If you need a wingman, hit me up!

I've also thought of a similar business model, but the whole transportation cost thing may be a hindrance unless buying a car carrier load at a time.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ 140k I’d be concerned about the suspension, if it has magneride Z95 RPO. Wheel bearings, lower ball joints, coil packs, air compressor. If I were you I’d buy one of the 200$ bidirectional scan tools and test everything you can. Check the misfire logs, the more information you have the more you could use to your advantage. I have a 13’ Escalade with 120ish and all of the above was recently replaced in the last couple years. Most of the replacement parts aren’t terribly expensive but mines nickel and dined the hell outta me the last few years.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The key is to buy Exactly what you want. Some things are easy to upgrade from other, more optioned vehicles. When it comes to heated / cooled or later 11-14 vented seats that have integrated airbags, not so much so.

If a motor or trans goes out you’ll want to make sure your repair is in a vehicle you’ll be happy keeping after you pay it forward with a repair.

Keep in mind Denali’s leather seats are tough, last and inexpensive to replace. If you want a 6.2L and 4WD consider purchasing a loaded Denali and swap’g it from AWD to 4WD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts