2013 Yukon Xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahulsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Help please! 2013 Yukon XL no problems then had lifters put in about 7 months ago. The other night driving all or most but for sure traction control and other lights started flashing and engine bogging down. Took to shop and mechanic said lifters again so I have them done. Pull away noticing a/c which was set on high but would go low then back up at random. Went to gas station and filled up then truck dead. Got jumped and back to shop. They said alternator bad so replaced that. Then comes out saying battery bad too. Replaced that. Drove away and dash lights back on and off but this time now hood open flashing and beeping too. Checked hood and it was closed. Go back to shop and he sprayed wd-40 on hood latch but lights were off by the time I got back there besides hood open. Leave again and lights back on. Took back and left there. Shop calls and says all due to a faulty phone charger plugged in. Go get it and leave. No problem for 5 miles then sitting in pickup line at school and service engine light came on and all gages dropped and went back up not affecting power to truck. Went back to shop and they said ground wire. I told them keep it and drive it for a week and they did saying no problems. I get in and drove about 5 miles again and lights back occasionally flashing service engine light on code reading misfire on 5 and now check 4wd just popped up. Idk what to do but after spending $4,000 I’m just lost. I can’t keep putting $ into it when the problem isn’t getting fixed. Any ideas? It’s driving fine but all the lights scare me.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa. Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your 2013.

Take it somewhere else. They do not appear to have the interest to properly diagnose your issues.

How mechanically inclined are you? Do you have a OBDII code reader that can at least show you codes when your check engine light comes on?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help please! 2013 Yukon XL no problems then had lifters put in about 7 months ago. The other night driving all or most but for sure traction control and other lights started flashing and engine bogging down. Took to shop and mechanic said lifters again so I have them done. Pull away noticing a/c which was set on high but would go low then back up at random. Went to gas station and filled up then truck dead. Got jumped and back to shop. They said alternator bad so replaced that. Then comes out saying battery bad too. Replaced that. Drove away and dash lights back on and off but this time now hood open flashing and beeping too. Checked hood and it was closed. Go back to shop and he sprayed wd-40 on hood latch but lights were off by the time I got back there besides hood open. Leave again and lights back on. Took back and left there. Shop calls and says all due to a faulty phone charger plugged in. Go get it and leave. No problem for 5 miles then sitting in pickup line at school and service engine light came on and all gages dropped and went back up not affecting power to truck. Went back to shop and they said ground wire. I told them keep it and drive it for a week and they did saying no problems. I get in and drove about 5 miles again and lights back occasionally flashing service engine light on code reading misfire on 5 and now check 4wd just popped up. Idk what to do but after spending $4,000 I’m just lost. I can’t keep putting $ into it when the problem isn’t getting fixed. Any ideas? It’s driving fine but all the lights scare me.
Welcome from Miami!

Moved you here from site news.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
A

ahulsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree, replacing the lifters 2 times within a year is borderline negligence on the shops end. Find a new shop
That’s not even the half. I had the passenger lifters done first by a reputable mechanic. 8 months later the driver side went out so I took it to the dealorship. They did drivers side. I pulled up to get it and drove down street to the same ticking. Went back and they said passenger went out again. So I had the dealorship do those then. Now here we are some months down the road and the passenger went out for the 3rd time. They showed me where one lifters was collapsed. I’ve spent over $13,000 in the past year and half on it. I love the truck and still owe on it But all these dash lights and beeping now is scaring me. It’s driving fine so far now.

OP
OP
A

ahulsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa. Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your 2013.

Take it somewhere else. They do not appear to have the interest to properly diagnose your issues.

How mechanically inclined are you? Do you have a OBDII code reader that can at least show you codes when your check engine light comes on?
I plan on taking it another place tomorrow if available. I was just trying to get some insight if anyone had this same issue or an idea of anything. I had it read and don’t know the exact code but it was a misfire on 5.

OP
OP
A

ahulsey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.
This is a pic last night when randomly the 4wd light came on. The service engine and other lights were coming on at random but as of last night service engine staying on. The tire monitor I’m aware of I need a pressure sensor in one of my tires but the other lights flashing at random are my concern

Attachments

• IMG_4809.jpeg
    IMG_4809.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 6

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ding ding!! @intheburbs is right!! you have a ground problem. i bet 1 or both grounds on the back of the engine to the firewall and frame are bad or broken. i intended to put a big system in the truck , so one of the first things i did was replaced ALL the grounds and cleaned all the grounding points. then i used the super lube to keep them from corroding. i'd say it had the most impact on my system when i did the grounds. i also added a couple i felt were missing. keep us updated plz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts