2013 Yukon XL - 131k miles for $25k - buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Davek30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. The large SUVs are really sparse even when I expand my searches out 200 miles. We’ve went to a bunch of local dealers and there’s no stock new or used. Massive supply chain disruption. Most of the new ones that they are coming in are already accounted for.

We also found a 2014 Yukon XL with 98k (so a year newer and 30k less miles) for $27k and even that seems really expensive.

OP
OP
D

Davek30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you have a clean Yukon or Tahoe, im sure you could get top dollar for it right now. At least in the Midwest

Several sales guys at the dealerships said they expect the supply chain issues on new to be lasting for another year. Ordering from the factory would be anywhere from 3-8 months.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. The large SUVs are really sparse even when I expand my searches out 200 miles. We’ve went to a bunch of local dealers and there’s no stock new or used. Massive supply chain disruption. Most of the new ones that they are coming in are already accounted for.

We also found a 2014 Yukon XL with 98k (so a year newer and 30k less miles) for $27k and even that seems really expensive.

You can get a pretty good feel for prices by browsing some of the online sites that cover much of the used car for sale market (i.e. auto trader, auto tempest, cars.com, etc.). Used cars are in so much demand, some of our local dealers put special pricing stickers on the new cars they do have in stock, saying the special price is available to trade-in deals.

I personally wouldn't place a great deal of emphasis on a newer or lower mileage and my focus would be on who owned it, damage history, service history, etc. Preferring one that was maintained to the highest order over one run hard and put out wet, but maybe lower miles and newer.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Ive went thru the sticky posts but that was dealing with more of the 07-09s it seemed. We’ve been a single minivan family for the last six years and we are now looking for a bigger vehicle to accommodate four kids between the ages of 9-4, preferably a Yukon xl, suburban, Escalade, or navigator L. Used is quite expensive in our area but we just test drove a 2013 XL Denali with 131k miles for about 25k out the door, no warranty, and not willing to budge on price, so we left.

It is extremely clean, single owner was used as a corporate vehicle, and was originally bought and serviced at the same dealership. When we test drove, I couldn’t feel any issues. No vibration, tugging, slipping of gears, etc when we drove on city roads and expressway. We are very apprehensive with buying a 2013 since its already 8 years old, and 25k seems crazy for that old of vehicle, but its what the market says with the supply chain and inventory issues.

I am looking to see for this mileage if there are upcoming problem areas like the transmission or major drivetrain issues? In order to get me to 200-250k miles, what problems should I expect?

I am not a car guy and don’t want to be fooled by a nice looking vehicle that’s going to be in the shop for endless repairs.

When the dealership got the vehicle, this is what the carfax said they did..

• Steering/suspension checked
  • Two wheel alignment performed
  • Oil and filter changed
  • Air filter replaced
  • Engine oil/fluid leak checked
  • Brake rotor(s) resurfaced
  • Engine oil cooler line(s) repaired/replaced
  • Front brake rotor(s) replaced
  • Four wheel alignment performed
  • Tires rotated
Thank you very much for the help!

Here is the actual listing...
https://www.sheboygangm.com/used-Sheboygan-2013-GMC-Yukon+XL-Denali-1GKS2MEF3DR372851

Six weeks ago that price was high for that mileage, now it is strike while the iron is hot! They lowered the price since you posted.

View the service records since it has been serviced at the dealership. Was the oil changed on a regular basis, were any major repairs performed?

At 130K, (lots of it likely highway miles) that one may have some issues come up in 30K miles or so but it really depends on how well it was treated, look at the service records!

Being a Wisconsin car, there's going to be rust underneath, just make sure it didn't get into the quarters and fenders. It will be normal to at some point replace the parking brake cables and brake line junctions and such when one chooses to live where the roads are salted.

The engine oil cooler lines being replaced saved you $500+. When were the brakes done? When was the transmission last serviced and how many times before?

If you decide to buy this wonderful vehicle, budget in $350 for a Tech-2 so you can work on it or at least accurately diagnose it before turning it over to a mechanic.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Six weeks ago that price was high for that mileage, now it is strike while the iron is hot! They lowered the price since you posted.

View the service records since it has been serviced at the dealership. Was the oil changed on a regular basis, were any major repairs performed?

At 130K, (lots of it likely highway miles) that one may have some issues come up in 30K miles or so but it really depends on how well it was treated, look at the service records!

Being a Wisconsin car, there's going to be rust underneath, just make sure it didn't get into the quarters and fenders. It will be normal to at some point replace the parking brake cables and brake line junctions and such when one chooses to live where the roads are salted.

The engine oil cooler lines being replaced saved you $500+. When were the brakes done? When was the transmission last serviced and how many times before?

If you decide to buy this wonderful vehicle, budget in $350 for a Tech-2 so you can work on it or at least accurately diagnose it before turning it over to a mechanic.

A ton of great car buying advice right there.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like bad price in the current market. Everything nice is at least $5k higher than a year ago. I’ve seen lower mileage examples in the 30s again. I’d get a PPI at a dealer and ask for a main line tech and not quick service to do it. It likely needs a couple of things but as long as there’s nothing major, go for it. My 12 just rolled 188k, take care of it snd it’ll take care of you.

Mexifry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is not a bad price for the Midwest right now. I just bought a 2013 Denali not XL for $26900 1 owner 82k. I had a 15' Burb sold it 2 yrs ago for $24k now it would be for sale $30k+ w/100k miles. So this is good price. And if you're considering it and was going to buy at original price, just buy the car warranty to ease ur feelings on buying it?. Good luck!
P.s. have them throw in for Sheboygan Brats.
Mexifry.

Jettix2

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Ive went thru the sticky posts but that was dealing with more of the 07-09s it seemed. We’ve been a single minivan family for the last six years and we are now looking for a bigger vehicle to accommodate four kids between the ages of 9-4, preferably a Yukon xl, suburban, Escalade, or navigator L. Used is quite expensive in our area but we just test drove a 2013 XL Denali with 131k miles for about 25k out the door, no warranty, and not willing to budge on price, so we left.

It is extremely clean, single owner was used as a corporate vehicle, and was originally bought and serviced at the same dealership. When we test drove, I couldn’t feel any issues. No vibration, tugging, slipping of gears, etc when we drove on city roads and expressway. We are very apprehensive with buying a 2013 since its already 8 years old, and 25k seems crazy for that old of vehicle, but its what the market says with the supply chain and inventory issues.

I am looking to see for this mileage if there are upcoming problem areas like the transmission or major drivetrain issues? In order to get me to 200-250k miles, what problems should I expect?

I am not a car guy and don’t want to be fooled by a nice looking vehicle that’s going to be in the shop for endless repairs.

• Oil and filter changed
  • Air filter replaced
  • Tires rotated

https://www.sheboygangm.com/used-Sheboygan-2013-GMC-Yukon+XL-Denali-1GKS2MEF3DR372851

I think that price is a bit high...............I have a 14 Escalade ESV that is as clean as possible, 70xxx miles, was offered $28.5k on trade in from 3 dealerships last week. On the lot, my truck is a $33-34,995 vehicle right now.

I would think even in today's hot market, the used Denali you're looking with 2x the miles would be more of a $22-23k truck.

Thatdesertviking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

• Oil and filter changed
  • Air filter replaced
  • Tires rotated

We just picked up a 2012 4wd Yukon in Utah for $20k about three weeks ago. SLT loaded and 128k on it. It’s had good care and the dealership took care of some items, but we’ll be into it for an additional $2k to get it where it needs to be. Honestly we looked for months and saw a lot of roaches, but if this one checks out and you like it then pull the trigger. Trucks and SUV’s are in demand right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep