2011 PPV..What part/function is this? noticing leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pop goes the heater core tube? Or just the hose popped? Damn that is funny. Sorry.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sat on the engine block while Removing the number 8 spark plug. Put my elbow on the heater hose for leverage. Pop goes the weasel...

You must be a really tiny fella! To sit on the engine block during a spark plug change for one. But to reach up under the cowl to hit that fitting that's tucked up in there...

I'm gonna replace mine while I have the engine out so I can sit on the cross member.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am going to write down all the cuss words I know and memorize them for when my big ass has to do that and know that if all I do is cuss, it will be much easier.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be a really tiny fella! To sit on the engine block during a spark plug change for one. But to reach up under the cowl to hit that fitting that's tucked up in there...

I'm gonna replace mine while I have the engine out so I can sit on the cross member.

5'11 225. I dunno if thats tiny. I was actually lying on the engine block cover like superman and my right elbow pushed down on the tube which snapped the hose off the fitting

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In my shops I always made the owner buy at least one of the elevated adjustable creeper units, if they did not already have one, that allowed you to elevate above the engine and lay on your belly or side without touching the engine. you could reach down to work. Some techs just said no thanks and did it the old school, "Superman'ed" way, that Chris has now christened as a new name for a position working on rigs.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get longer arms and just reach back there? Seriously don’t get why people have a hard time with spark plugs on these. Now if we’re talking an LS1 4th gen then I’d understand. These chassis have so much room from that tiny ass engine in there.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get longer arms and just reach back there? Seriously don’t get why people have a hard time with spark plugs on these. Now if we’re talking an LS1 4th gen then I’d understand. These chassis have so much room from that tiny ass engine in there.

I found an easier way to get the 8 plug out after the fact. I put a smaller socket onto the sparkplug socket and gave me clearance and room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645