2011 PPV..What part/function is this? noticing leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I was researching them this morning. My heart desires OEM style spring type ("constant tension"). But my wallet dictates the EFI screw-type. I'll probably end up grabbing a buttload of OEM ones from the salvage yard.

Knowing Chris, he would have to call the manufacturer and find out if the spring rate on these clamps, and there metallurgical composition, is the same or better than the factory clamps and then figure out what percentage better, or worse, they are.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knowing Chris, he would have to call the manufacturer and find out if the spring rate on these clamps, and there metallurgical composition, is the same or better than the factory clamps and then figure out what percentage better, or worse, they are.

Judging by the reviews, I'd say their metallurgical composition is far inferior to those used by the factory. How inferior expressed as a percentage? Lets do the math:

Worm gear hose clamp + 5/16" driver = Done and moving on