2011 PPV..What part/function is this? noticing leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You put a socket on a socket and that created more room? I assume you mean a smaller socket on the ratchet or on the extension?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^Same here. I don't understand why people fight it, either. If one were to slip the spark plug socket onto the spark plug and look down at it, they would see something very reminiscent of a 3/4" bolt head. Their first thought then should be "I need a 3/4" socket or box end wrench". You only need to crack it loose, then the six flats are convenient for turning it with your fingers, which should be more flexible to use in the area between the head and firewall than the ratchet. Installation is the reverse since you should start it by hand.

It's not rocket surgery.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Chris, I have done the exact same thing. I could see what he was talking about after he mentioned the 6 point on top of the plug socket. That is why the 6 point is there. Too allow for a wrench to break loose and then roll out by hand. Done it many times. I keep a couple of old straight plug boots as spark plug starting tools. I plug the plug in the end and that boot is flexible enough to allow my fingers to grasp and spin the plug in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe