2010 Burb Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PB blaster, and let it sit overnight.

Last time I used it was when I replaced the shocks and struts of my Denali. All bolts/nuts came right off.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side valve cover...I guess I should do both sides...Money is tight and I was hoping go get away with just the RH side

20230624_141425.jpg

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the updated driverside valve cover.

You got a coolant leak into your crankcase.

After you find and fix the coolant leak, cleanup that valve cover (submerged in solvent) and reuse it. Do the same with the passenger side.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there you go..I can't believe this thing was actually running...Now how did it get in.

20230624_165659.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there you go..I can't believe this thing was actually running...Now how did it get in.

View attachment 402515
You’re always going to have coolant in the cylinders when you remove a cylinder head. You break the seal between the water jacket in the combustion chambers the moment you pull that head off… And coolant will settle in the cylinders.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re always going to have coolant in the cylinders when you remove a cylinder head. You break the seal between the water jacket in the combustion chambers the moment you pull that head off… And coolant will settle in the cylinders.
You're right. I'm gonna clean it real good, check for cracks and then drivers side tomorrow. I wish I had the funds to eliminate the AFM but that's not happening. Do you think I should inspect the lifters or just leave them be? I haven't had an issues with them in the past.

OP
OP
solli5pack

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the difference between left side and right side. Right side is the suspected failed side. Much cleaner thanks to the steam clean from the burning coolant. Another sign to look foe when you're chasing something like this.

20230624_142502.jpg20230624_142509.jpg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right. I'm gonna clean it real good, check for cracks and then drivers side tomorrow. I wish I had the funds to eliminate the AFM but that's not happening. Do you think I should inspect the lifters or just leave them be? I haven't had an issues with them in the past.

if you can do something with the afm, or at least inspect the lifters and replace the plastic holders. I'd hate to do all that work for a lifter to fail 6 months from now.

if you can't drop in new lifters and the holders, I'd atleast do the holders, and inspect everything. I've seen a YouTube of taking lifters apart but not sure if I'd do it.

oem afm lifters or I've read millings made the lifters for the oem, so they are the same quality. I don't know how true that is but millings seems to be accepted as a replacement. I've seen threads about using the no name Amazon/eBay ones and having to pull it right back a part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881