2009 Hybrid Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid. Its been a good vehicle to date, but for the past year we have had intermittent cases of the check engine light going on, the engine stuttering when going up-hill, and the obligatory call to ONSTAR telling us we "have a misfire" and to "bring it into your local dealer" (big help).

The first two times, the dealer told us they could not recreate the problem or that it was "bad gas". It just happened again, and I'm about to go higher up to Chevy North America if I cannot get a reasonable answer.

Has anyone had this problem before? I've seen comments about misfires, but they were usually related to wires and / or bad plugs. Doesn't seem to be the case here.

Rick

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ponsta12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when you say 'going higher up to Chevy North America.." who do you plan on contacting? I would like to know because I am having issues with my vehicle and have not seen any resolution after many trips to the dealer. Do you just contact customer service??? or maybe even BBB?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say 'going higher up to Chevy North America.." who do you plan on contacting? I would like to know because I am having issues with my vehicle and have not seen any resolution after many trips to the dealer. Do you just contact customer service??? or maybe even BBB?

ponsta12,

I’m sorry you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. I would be happy to look into this further for you. If you would like to proceed, please PM me the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts