2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, time to break out the big boy tools. I did upper ball joints on my burb this last weekend and has to break out the BFH a couple of times to get that bolt out. They stubborn but they just need a little persuasion :D

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air hammer, big ******* hammers, kroil for days etc. Nope.

I need this torched out and I don't have a torch.

I suppose I should put it back together with the arms and have someone else do it.

**** salt! ;-)

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
memory maybe a little fuzzy, but i dont think those bolts unthread out. the bushing and the shell has a rectangular shape that the bolt goes thru. you just need to hammer the bolt out.

i would do some research before beating the shit out of it with a hammer but i thought thats how the older trucks were anyway

MS50067_FRO__ra_p.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
memory maybe a little fuzzy, but i dont think those bolts unthread out. the bushing and the shell has a rectangular shape that the bolt goes thru. you just need to hammer the bolt out.

i would do some research before beating the shit out of it with a hammer but i thought thats how the older trucks were anyway

MS50067_FRO__ra_p.jpg
That would suck. He did try to hammer it out with no luck.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sleeping on it I'm not in a time crunch and maybe could use this as an excuse to buy more tools rather than pay labor hours.

Is this a dumb idea to get? ;) (or something like it) I have a fire extinguisher and hose in the garage. lol

atHpVO6.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts