2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its my old raid 6 setup and wattage is ok for that power supply. I needed a machine to work from home. I just finished moving our company all to AWS and setup VPN access so earned. That machine used to be a i5 2400 from 10 years ago so thought I could use an upgrade (i5 9400).

#CTOLIFE

#KindaOld

#WrenchingOnYukonsKeepsMeFromBeingADullBoy

EDIT:
BTW I did CU Boulder as an undergrad, and worked at Sun Microsystems before Oracle ****** it all up. Parents are in Denver too.
AWS?! Dammit I’m a ZFSSA guy at Oracle. Lol plenty of cloud support in the mix. I started at Sun Microsystems in 2001 (speaking of old farts..)

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWS?! Dammit I’m a ZFSSA guy at Oracle. Lol plenty of cloud support in the mix. I started at Sun Microsystems in 2001 (speaking of old farts..)

Awkward....

McNealy lost me when I saw him in person ******** on Linux. Didnt age well. At least you're not part of Azure.

BTW I hear compared to ZFS reiserfs is killer.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Awkward....

McNealy lost me when I saw him in person ******** on Linux. Didnt age well. At least you're not part of Azure.

BTW I hear compared to ZFS reiserfs is killer.

Hey wait a minute.... how did I get into this computer tech forum with all this hi-tech lingo that I don't understand?

I could have swore I was in a truck forum... I knew I should have taken that left turn in Albuquerque.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey wait a minute.... how did I get into this computer tech forum with all this hi-tech lingo that I don't understand?

I could have swore I was in a truck forum... I knew I should have taken that left turn in Albuquerque.

I hear yah. Nerd speak slips out once in a while. Sorry. :(

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some oil in her. No belts, intake or accessories. Enough to start. She hated being forced into speed density backup with no maf. I finally got her started though.

Cold idle oil pressure might have been high 20s, maybe 30 psi with the old gasket.

Look at this. Wow. Y'all need to do this.

Video after image.

P500yUd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt