2007 Yukon Ipad in Dash project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need more pics...

Is that painted to match your lower trim, or just bondo? Looks like it sticks out a good bit.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!!! When you decide to get a new iPad is it easy to swap in a new one or would a bunch or "re-fab" have to be done to accommodate the newer iPad? :)

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Setup looks sick. Hats off to you for tearing up a mint new dash.

OP
OP
ovasquez

ovasquez

Reaction score
The bezel is painted to match the center console, which is the same as the truck exterior color. It sticks out very little, but I will try getting some side shots. Unfortunately I now need to redo the bezel to match the new iPad 3. It is thinner and does not make good contact with the connector. That will give me a chance to do things a bit cleaner next time.

3XFactor7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Easy. I got the dock cable from apple store that has a set of audio/video RCA's along with a USB for charging. I hooked the audio-outs into the Audiocontrol 3.1, which splits to Front/Rear/Sub. I took the video out to a video splitter box, which splits signal out to the 2 headrest monitors. The power is picked up in a cigarette lighter in the console, using Belkin's Ipad charger.

The install will not work to my full desires until the jailbreak for OS4 is out. This will allow for better video and audio distribution options, and hopefully a bluetooth remote control.

Do you still get functionability out of Onstar, Bluetooth, and the steering wheel controls?

I will be doing ipad mod to my Tahoe starting next week and I want to know if this is possible the way you hooked your system up.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you still get functionability out of Onstar, Bluetooth, and the steering wheel controls?

I will be doing ipad mod to my Tahoe starting next week and I want to know if this is possible the way you hooked your system up.

From the way he explained it, no. You would have to somehow keep your factory radio or use a wiring harness to keep those. He used power from the cig lighter, and an audio out directly to the amps.

3XFactor7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I want to keep all of that so I will most likely relocate the radio as well as the volume and A/C controls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts