2007 Yukon Denali stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon, 6.2 L engine, which after 10 minutes of driving will stall when you stop for a signal light. The time varies as to when this happens but will definitely happen within 20 minutes of driving. The stabilitrak light will also come on. I used to have to wait 10 minutes before it would start again but found by putting the accelerator pedal to the floor it starts after cranking for 10 to 15 seconds. I have so far replaced, Plugs/wires, Variable Valve Timing Solenoid, Camshaft position sensor, Crankshaft position sensor, Throttle body....none have fixed the problem, can anyone offer a solution?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Especially a scan tool that can read live data. Seeing a stored code or code when it happens is ideal. Start checking for the things the engine needs to run. Fuel and spark. Fuel pump relay might be the easiest then start eliminating those items. It sounds like a fuel delivery issue if you can restart by holding the throttle down.

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lean towards this uncommon occurrence to a failing torque converter in my 09. PO did towing and I think wore some things out.

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Especially a scan tool that can read live data. Seeing a stored code or code when it happens is ideal. Start checking for the things the engine needs to run. Fuel and spark. Fuel pump relay might be the easiest then start eliminating those items. It sounds like a fuel delivery issue if you can restart by holding the throttle down.

Hi thanks for the input, actually the first thing I changed was the fuel pump relay. Today I am putting in a new fuel pump and if that doesnt fix it I dont know where else to look. There is a code stored P0011 which refers to cam position error but I have changed both Cam and Crank position sensors...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest checking fuel pressure when the no start occurs but looks like you are already on to the pump.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear I recall reading of this before and it was a common issue with the 6.2. I wanna say it was something to do with the VVT system, but I can't say for sure.

Maybe something with the cam phaser? I don't know- just going off of a deep and obscure memory.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re right. If you eliminate fuel delivery you move on to spark. Has the CPS code been cleared and came back on? Hmmm....

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You’re right. If you eliminate fuel delivery you move on to spark. Has the CPS code been cleared and came back on? Hmmm....

Hi yes it has come back on first the stabiltrak light comes on then soon after the check engine light comes on too

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I swear I recall reading of this before and it was a common issue with the 6.2. I wanna say it was something to do with the VVT system, but I can't say for sure.

Maybe something with the cam phaser? I don't know- just going off of a deep and obscure memory.

What exactly is the cam phaser? I have replaced the cam and crank position sensors along with the Variable Valve Timing solenoid