2007 Yukon Denali stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vettes980

Reaction score
Oil pressure is 25 idle, 40 at Speed and 55 cold. Not sure of the oil change interval if prior owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil is 4.5k miles old in Mobil 1. Bought 10.5k miles ago 199k. Needs a change but was focusing on this issue first.

that could fix it but the solenoids will need replacement as it's getting stuck?

vettes980

Reaction score
that could fix it but the solenoids will need replacement as it's getting stuck?
Are there two or just one on the 6.2? All I see is one behind the water pump next to CPS. I generally try to buy AC delco parts, is Dorman ok? They’re spitting improved design over OEM in their description. Also thinking I should just swap out water pump too. Looks to be original.

So new VVT solenoid, cam position sensor, water pump. Anything else while I’m there? The Oiler valve bolt behind the solenoid? TIA

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there two or just one on the 6.2? All I see is one behind the water pump next to CPS. I generally try to buy AC delco parts, is Dorman ok? They’re spitting improved design over OEM in their description. Also thinking I should just swap out water pump too. Looks to be original.

So new VVT solenoid, cam position sensor, water pump. Anything else while I’m there? The Oiler valve bolt behind the solenoid? TIA

Only one solenoid for VVT as you only have 1 cam and it is behind the water pump.

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil is 4.5k miles old in Mobil 1. Bought 10.5k miles ago 199k. Needs a change but was focusing on this issue first.

that could fix it but the solenoids will need replacement as it's getting stuck
Only one solenoid for VVT as you only have 1 cam and it is behind the water pump.

replace the water pump and Magnetic solenoid actuator, along with cam position sensor.

as well as the belt too it might be old too... also check the pulleys and make sure they are good while everything is apart

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s exactly my thought and with all that has gone on with it, I suspect the TAC motor controlling the throttle body is out of sync or failing causing the butterfly to not work under idle. I had codes for the the throttle body when I bought it 1 year and 12k miles ago. I just cleaned it and the codes never came back. It’s always been in the back of my mind that I just prolonged its death. Cheap is expensive.

I replaced the throttle body and the fuel pump, and the stalling issue seems to have disappeared but I do sill have the stabilitrak light coming on after 20 minutes of driving and after awhile it goes out and then comes on together with the check engine light? Any suggestions? I have read it is probably a bad steering wheel position sensor ?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the throttle body and the fuel pump, and the stalling issue seems to have disappeared but I do sill have the stabilitrak light coming on after 20 minutes of driving and after awhile it goes out and then comes on together with the check engine light? Any suggestions? I have read it is probably a bad steering wheel position sensor ?
What codes are you getting when the Stabilitrak and check engine light come on?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting a P0011
That is the only code you are getting when both the Stabilitrak and CEL are on?

P0011 is your camshaft position sensor if I am not mistaken. It might be going bad or you might have an issue with your VVT solenoid or actuator. Do you have access to a TECH-2 or similar scan tool?

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No I do not, but I have already replaced the actuator, as well as the camshaft position sensor and the crankshaft postion sensor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork