2007 Yukon Denali stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vettes980

Reaction score
I wonder if the evaporative emissions system is acting up and allowing fuel vapors to flood the engine via the purge valve???
I’ll find out tomorrow! blocked off the vacuum line from the evap canister to intake. Truck died again today on way home so throttle body wasn’t the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vettes980

Reaction score
So I plugged the evap line going into the throttle body to rule out fuel vapor flooding the engine. I have a picture of it but I can upload pics for some reason. Same result. Stalled at the same point in the drive home and then again as I roll into the driveway.

I then took the gas cap off and drive another cycle and same thing.

What live data should I look for to rule out other items? When I looked at specs I was driving on highway, not during times that the truck usually stalls.

vettes980

Reaction score
Scanned ECU again and P0011 (camshaft position system performance) popped up. Not sure if a result from all the bucking and stalling or not. Was not a code that came up when this issue initially cropped up.

vettes980

Reaction score
Another drive cycle completed where I coasted in neutral for 5 seconds leading to a stall situation. Theoretically ruling out TCC and solenoid issue of the torque converter staying locked and bugging out engine when coming to a stop. Oil is pink, does not smell burnt and no apparent metal in it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just wondering here if you have checked your battery cables and grounds? are you having any other power related problems like flickering lights or other weird stuff going on? I would record live data as you are driving and see what is happening as it occurs.

vettes980

Reaction score
just wondering here if you have checked your battery cables and grounds? are you having any other power related problems like flickering lights or other weird stuff going on? I would record live data as you are driving and see what is happening as it occurs.
I haven’t checked them. I haven’t noticed anything other than the Service Traction System lights randomly flashing on the DIC, but I have read that this has happened in other threads for similar situations.

AFAIK, my Autel MK808 will record live data, but only the screen that is currently up and visible. I can’t record say everything and then go back and review all different areas of the ECM.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t checked them. I haven’t noticed anything other than the Service Traction System lights randomly flashing on the DIC, but I have read that this has happened in other threads for similar situations.

AFAIK, my Autel MK808 will record live data, but only the screen that is currently up and visible. I can’t record say everything and then go back and review all different areas of the ECM.

thou shall check voltages and ground ohms when trouble shooting... i would have the alternator checked and battery.

if the voltage dips below 11volts the engine will stall out

Last edited:

vettes980

Reaction score
thou shall check voltages and ground ohms when trouble shooting... i would have the alternator checked and battery.
Battery voltage is 12.xx when off and mid 14/low 15 when running. I will inspect grounds and alternator I will see what that process is to check.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery voltage is 12.xx when off and mid 14/low 15 when running. I will inspect grounds and alternator I will see what that process is to check.

its a vvt code bank 1 (p0011)

bank 1 intake camshaft is more advanced than what the ECM has commanded it be.

When was the oil last changed? and how often

Last edited:

vettes980

Reaction score
its a vvt code bank 1 (p0011)

bank 1 intake camshaft is more advanced than what the ECM has commanded it be.

When was the oil last changed? and how often
Oil is 4.5k miles old in Mobil 1. Bought 10.5k miles ago 199k. Needs a change but was focusing on this issue first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts