2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Damn!! Love it :driver:. Wish mine was that fast--or not--I'd DEF get locked up if I had that much power under my right foot. You'd see me on tv live lol!
That 6.0 is enough for you buddy :D. I'm sure the fuzz know all about you where you live!

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I drive it like I stole it most days and I'm surprised I haven't gotten arrested yet. I've been caught doing double the speed limit a few times in my life and luckily always got careless driving instead of reckless so never arrested (for speeding lol). In Michigan reckless driving gets you a ride to jail and car impounded. I've been warned many times lol... I was pulled over during dream cruise last year for launching from a stop light 0 to 60 mph in a 55mph zone. Cop probably did 80-100mph swerving through traffic to catch up which was more dangerous than what I was doing. He pulled me over saying I was drag racing and it was reckless driving. I asked him who was I drag racing and his response was that I didn't need to be racing another vehicle for it to be considered drag racing which is reckless driving. Anyone look up drag racing in the dictionary lol? They let me off with a warning since I hadn't had a ticket in years and it was kinda BS anyways. Oh well, live and learn I guess...

Anyways, yesterday was 30 degrees out but the day before was 70 so I finally decided to install my lower grill which I cut out for airflow to my transmission cooler. Also decided to paint my tow hooks red which gives it a really nice look. Next up is fixing the paint on my hood from the previous owners crappy bug shield install that pulled off the paint. I'll probably paint or wrap the hood black. I'll wrap all remaining chrome in black as well.

C2F3A534-5FCD-4F60-8B50-346B05B7D88B.jpeg

94BFF756-463A-48DD-A795-FC5AC6A5D866.jpeg

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These double adjustable QA1 coil overs will be installed next week up front and when I get my ride height set I will measure for a matching pair of double adjustable shocks for the rear. Need to do the free travel mod and install my helpers bags and hopefully it will stop picking up that front tire.

View attachment 220939
Love to hear your feedback on the spring weight of those coilovers with the weight of the blower..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love to hear your feedback on the spring weight of those coilovers with the weight of the blower..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'll keep you posted... I'm hoping to get them installed this week. I'm also running an iron block as well so not too sure how it will sit honestly since I don't have a set of scales and I just took a stab at the spring rate. I'm gonna preload the spring .5"-1" which will be my max drop. My guess is the tire will be into the fender liner and I'll have to crank it up. The springs are a linear rate so they will maintain the same spring rate regardless of compression as long as the coils don't bind so I should be good on height and rate. We shall see...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What were you driving when you were my age toneh?
We can't get our license in NJ until 17, but we can get our permit at 16 1/2. My first car was an 85 Camaro, 4cyl! Lol, I'd probably be dead if I had a quick car. 2nd car, I was 17 and it was an 85 Z28. That was when I started getting in trouble lol! I did find out that your car isn't faster then the police radio :driver:!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j