2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this is where things started going sideways... I was finished porting the blower, pressed on new Weapon X hub and 2.5" pulley, completely rebuilt blower with new bearings and fresh oil, reinforced the intercooler brick, assembled the entire motor and reinstalled the entire powertrain (Front diff was out and rebuilt, Transmission was out and rebuilt again due to a bad 3-5-R clutch pack, Transmission reinstalled with the new Circle D triple disc torque convertor, TCI Flex plate and new custom driveshafts installed with the original transfer case)... All that work didn't take too long believe it or not. My issue was with my new 8 Rib LSSimple accessory drive kit. It should have been a direct bolt on and I was truly impressed with he way it LOOKED. It should have bolted on in 15 minutes but it's function however was terrible. I can't recommend anyone uses the LSSimple kits. They had a bad batch of laser cut plates in my case and shipped me a system that they knew was bad but tried to salvage. He elongated holes and used washers/spacers instead of solid mounts. It was terrible and out of alignment from every aspect. It wouldn't track a belt properly even during cranking. I wasted over 6 days trying to make this kit work. I had access to a Bridgeport and a lathe and still couldn't get belts to track properly even after machining new spacers and tweaking things. Murphy @ LSSimple was very apologetic and refunding my money without even asking for the kit back (which is garbage!). That 6 days cost me weeks in the long run.

Looks pretty but doesn't fit or work for shit... Bracket was contacting bottom of snout, had to take out 1/4" of material on the bracket just to start test fitting this turd:
View attachment 201837
View attachment 201836
View attachment 201835

Idlers not lining up at all, the alternator and tension on the opposite side were also canted back in different directions... Still couldn't get it right even after taking the spacers down in the lathe.

View attachment 201834

Luckily I found a guy locally in Michigan that is very big in the LS Swap stuff... Here is a pic of one of his garages, lets just say he has a few blowers laying around if anyone needs parts ;-)

View attachment 201838

He hooked me up with a Holley alternator/power steering mount kit and I used an LSA Water pump and factory LSA accessory drive parts for everything else. Came out a hell of a lot nicer in the end and I know I'm running something factory proven and the blower is on it's own 8 Rib belt. Only thing left to do is relocate my factory A/C compressor backwards 1.5" on the LSA A/C bracket so I don't have to cobble together custom LSA to truck A/C lines and electrical. Pics of that to come in the next few days.
:Whoa:

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Awesome truck. Awesome thread. So jealous of that beast, and your skills and knowledge. Keep those posts coming!
Thank you, it's been a roller coaster but well worth the hard work... I've been slacking on the updates and content but I'll try to get some updates and new content posted soon.

Coming soon:
*Just received my QA1 Double Adjustable Coil Overs for the front, springs are blue Hyperco 800LB (Eibach no longer makes red springs apparently)
*Coil Over brackets and Poly engine mounts are from @Atomic and will be installed in the next week
*Will be removing my BellTech rear springs and adding 5-6" drop springs in the rear from @NORCAL SS and a double adjustable shock in rear as well with helper bags. Need to do the free travel mod too...
*Interchiller being installed soon for the blower
*Once spring is here and the tracks are open in Michigan I will be making pass after pass until I hit a 11.4 qtr mile or faster. I honestly think if I get this thing to hook it will run a 10.9 in the 1/4 mile. Not too bad for a $30k truck that weighs in at almost 6k pounds

IMG_4866.jpg

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and no motivation to add one switch? lol
Lol, nah... Not even really about the motivation. I honestly see NO scenario where I would want the ABS and/or Traction/Stabilitrack ON. I had so many issues with my old TB SS and Silverado SS with pulling out into traffic and it going on and I just thought it was dangerous when the power would cut out and leave you with no power. My foot is better at controlling the traction than the stupid GM Stabilitrack. I'd rather have complete control over what the truck is doing, I don't need the electronics. I've never needed the ABS either, it stops just fine in snow and ice, you just need a good tire.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, nah... Not even really about the motivation. I honestly see NO scenario where I would want the ABS and/or Traction/Stabilitrack ON. I had so many issues with my old TB SS and Silverado SS with pulling out into traffic and it going on and I just thought it was dangerous when the power would cut out and leave you with no power. My foot is better at controlling the traction than the stupid GM Stabilitrack. I'd rather have complete control over what the truck is doing, I don't need the electronics. I've never needed the ABS either, it stops just fine in snow and ice, you just need a good tire.

Did you remove #61 ABS 1 (40A) or #9 ABS 2 (25A)? I have been removing #9 only

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you remove #61 ABS 1 (40A) or #9 ABS 2 (25A)? I have been removing #9 only
Pretty sure the only one I removed was the 40amp. I know for sure that one is pulled, I don't recall pulling #9. I'm in Florida till Tomorrow, I'll check when I'm home.