Got a Yukon, got questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OtterHusko11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all submarine sailor from SE Georgia here, recently acquired a 2011 Yukon 158k miles (with new AFM system lifters, module, etc. ). It has been great thus far I will post my main question in the tech forum for it. Just wanted to drop an introduction and tell a little about myself. I have a Bachelors Degree in Automotive Technology Supervision turned wrenches for Toyota for about 6 years with some heavy equipment time thrown in the middle there, then decided to join the Navy been on that stint for about 12 years now. Fairly mechanically knowledgeable can make things run that probably shouldnt but really enjoy doing those kind of things. Also ride motorcycles as my other dailys.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all submarine sailor from SE Georgia here, recently acquired a 2011 Yukon 158k miles (with new AFM system lifters, module, etc. ). It has been great thus far I will post my main question in the tech forum for it. Just wanted to drop an introduction and tell a little about myself. I have a Bachelors Degree in Automotive Technology Supervision turned wrenches for Toyota for about 6 years with some heavy equipment time thrown in the middle there, then decided to join the Navy been on that stint for about 12 years now. Fairly mechanically knowledgeable can make things run that probably shouldnt but really enjoy doing those kind of things. Also ride motorcycles as my other dailys.
Another glow-in-the-dark sailor! Do they still joke about that? Welcome from Florida!

What are your plans with the Yukon?

OP
OP
O

OtterHusko11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another glow-in-the-dark sailor! Do they still joke about that? Welcome from Florida!

What are your plans with the Yukon?
Bought it to allow for trailer towing, my wife and i are planning on acquiring a travel trailer in the near future (like 3 months or so) and her Jeep just does not have the towing capacity we needed. Otherwise i just wanted something with the towing power, luxury features, and comfort to provide rainy day drives ( i daily my bikes most of the time)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

And, thank you for your service.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought it to allow for trailer towing, my wife and i are planning on acquiring a travel trailer in the near future (like 3 months or so) and her Jeep just does not have the towing capacity we needed. Otherwise i just wanted something with the towing power, luxury features, and comfort to provide rainy day drives ( i daily my bikes most of the time)
Did you get it with the integrated trailer brake controller on the left knee bolster?

If not, the wires for an aftermarket controller are under the dash. There is a wire under the dash that would need to be hooked up to give it power and there's another wire to put on the other post on the underhood fuse block if you wanted to provide hotel power to the trailer while hooked up.

Great tow rigs, if yours is the shorter wheelbase, watch the length of your trailer so the tail doesn't wag the dog in heavy winds.

Any pics yet?

OP
OP
O

OtterHusko11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you get it with the integrated trailer brake controller on the left knee bolster?

If not, the wires for an aftermarket controller are under the dash. There is a wire under the dash that would need to be hooked up to give it power and there's another wire to put on the other post on the underhood fuse block if you wanted to provide hotel power to the trailer while hooked up.

Great tow rigs, if yours is the shorter wheelbase, watch the length of your trailer so the tail doesn't wag the dog in heavy winds.

Any pics yet?
Installed a Tekonsha brake controller, mine had everything except the integrated controller. I plan on purchasing weight distribution hitch as well. Here is the only picture i have of it right now, shes not really a show truck spent a lot of life in the northeast so has some rust here and there but otherwise looks good. keeley.JPEG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts