2007 Tahoe 5.3 swap to 2007 escalade 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd destroy the value of the Escalade. That would be like buying a 2011 Camaro SS that someone had swapped a 4.3L V6 into.
Build up a 6.2 and tranny from a salvage yard vehicle or crate motor.

:word: Find a wrecked Esky and swap that motor and tranny in if you're wanting to do this swap. Either way you'll be forking over quite a bit of dough for the swap bu this way you're not destroying a good esky in the process.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Yeah thats what Ima try to do but it seems Im gonna be paying for the engine and the swap myself FML...... i think it'll be worth it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be a cool mod to do in the end. If you end up doing the swap make sure and do a write up on it and post it up man! :waytogo:

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
arlight i mean you realize I will be paying someone to do it but ill write up everything you have to buy to make it work and how much it costs in the end.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arlight i mean you realize I will be paying someone to do it but ill write up everything you have to buy to make it work and how much it costs in the end.

That's cool. If you can just get the information of stuff needed and a rough cost estimate just on parts I think it'll be pretty informative. You don't have to do it yourself to create a good write up IMO :Handshake:

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
alright well ill definitely do that write up if i end up doing that if i do it itll probably be mid summer if i do it all.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

There are two different trannys that go into the escalades the awd and 4x2 and the tahoe has 4x4 so can this trans even swap?

juggernaut201

Reaction score
Ok just read this whole thing ... I think that is an insanely huge waste of money put the money into your 5.3 if u want the 6.2 sell ur truck Nd buy an escalade dont do the swap I see this going alllll wrong

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok just read this whole thing ... I think that is an insanely huge waste of money put the money into your 5.3 if u want the 6.2 sell ur truck Nd buy an escalade dont do the swap I see this going alllll wrong

By definition most mods are a waste of money but it'll make the ride truly unique and that's what nodding is all about, right?

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be cheaper and make just as much (or more) power to supercharge your 5.3L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19