2007 Tahoe 5.3 swap to 2007 escalade 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I just got a 2007 Tahoe and I wanted to know what you guys thought about swaping my moms Escalade ESV's 6.2 and 6 speed trans before selling the escalade?
Can you even do this?

The two cars are:
2007 Tahoe LTZ 4X4
2007 Escalade ESV AWD

Last edited:

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you can do it, however, it's gonna cost you a bunch, and void what ever warranty is left on either. i believe you'd have to take the ECU and swap them as well, then get each one remapped. then if anyone takes the caddy to a caddy dealer for service they might try to flash it and well, bad things....

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
yes you can do it, however, it's gonna cost you a bunch, and void what ever warranty is left on either. i believe you'd have to take the ECU and swap them as well, then get each one remapped. then if anyone takes the caddy to a caddy dealer for service they might try to flash it and well, bad things....

lol i dont really know what ECU is and I'm pretty sure the warranty is out on both cars.
BUT I know the hoe has a 4 speed and I want the 6 speed so depending on the price ill do or not if yu guys dont think it will cause problems for the tahoe?

EDIT : ECU = Engine Control Unit

Last edited:

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ECU= the computer, actually in new cars they are call electronic management modules, the main point is its not a straight swap and would require money and a bunch of skill to make seem transparent.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I would definitely have it professionally done, but how much money do you think?

Faucet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not one to try to persuade anyone form improving their ride, but I wanted to make a few points.

Someone more knowledgable about the GM tranny's could tell you if the 6 speed would swap. The 6.2l would be great for the power, but the cost of doing the swap and the destruction of resale value for the Caddy makes it not worth it. If you have money to throw at your truck I would do just a tranny upgrade/swap and then put the rest of the money into getting the power out of the 5.3. For half of what you would spend and lose in value of the caddy you could make a pretty stout engine and put in a new transmission.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I'm not one to try to persuade anyone form improving their ride, but I wanted to make a few points.

Someone more knowledgable about the GM tranny's could tell you if the 6 speed would swap. The 6.2l would be great for the power, but the cost of doing the swap and the destruction of resale value for the Caddy makes it not worth it. If you have money to throw at your truck I would do just a tranny upgrade/swap and then put the rest of the money into getting the power out of the 5.3. For half of what you would spend and lose in value of the caddy you could make a pretty stout engine and put in a new transmission.

Good to know thanks we hadn't really thought that much about resale but i did know it would make a significant change in the trade in value. but thanks for the input probably wont do it its turning out to be more expensive than I previously thought...

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Who makes your sidesteps?

Um idk bro they were on the car when I bought it ill look in the morn and tell you.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I may have found an totaled 07 esky at a junk yard near my house the owner said he would sell me the engine and trans for cheap what would you guys say upgrades on the 5.3 or a stock 6.2? if superchargers and stuff like that are less reliable than a stock engine i would rather be safe than sorry ya know?

EDIT
The reason I'm so set on the esky 6.2 is cause I love the way my mom's drives but it is also AWD so im sure that makes a huge diff in acceleration.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically you can do theswap, you'll need a crank relearner for at least the tahoe and im pretty sure the esky too....ligenf make them

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd destroy the value of the Escalade. That would be like buying a 2011 Camaro SS that someone had swapped a 4.3L V6 into.
Build up a 6.2 and tranny from a salvage yard vehicle or crate motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879