2007 front brake conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is about time for a front brake job on my tahoe. I have new 2007+ front slotted and drilled rotors. I already have the caliper brackets. I have hawk pads as well. I just need the calipers.

Any recommendations? I have found the "Power Stop S4918 Performance Caliper" set on amazon for $167. They are powder coated red, not sure if I want red calipers or not.

ACDelco 18FR2247 Has a rebate on amazon right now that would drastically drop the final price to around $15.

Is that the correct part number?

What has everyone else used that has done this conversion?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is about time for a front brake job on my tahoe. I have new 2007+ front slotted and drilled rotors. I already have the caliper brackets. I have hawk pads as well. I just need the calipers.

Any recommendations? I have found the "Power Stop S4918 Performance Caliper" set on amazon for $167. They are powder coated red, not sure if I want red calipers or not.

ACDelco 18FR2247 Has a rebate on amazon right now that would drastically drop the final price to around $15.

Is that the correct part number?

What has everyone else used that has done this conversion?
That's the correct part for the LF; the RF is 18FR2246. I just checked on that price for the LF and that's crazy, I paid $42 apiece after rebate. But I also see the RF will cost you $49 after rebate. Still a great price for both. I'd jump on it.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I'm using them from my truck. No problems with them what so ever. Do yourself a favor and do the SS lines. Night and day difference in pedal feel.

IMG_8042.JPG

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere recently, but I'll ask here: What brand are those SS lines? Did you do all 4 (or 6)? Cost?

I had all 5 lines on my S10 from Kore3 and they served me well. They quoted me a 6-line kit for my Tahoe at $218 plus $21 shipping.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
^^^ I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere recently, but I'll ask here: What brand are those SS lines? Did you do all 4 (or 6)? Cost?

I had all 5 lines on my S10 from Kore3 and they served me well. They quoted me a 6-line kit for my Tahoe at $218 plus $21 shipping.
Just got my fronts--i think--today. Fronts ran me around $80, and rears ran me around $43 or so from Amazon. IMAG1190.jpg IMAG1191.jpg

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the correct part for the LF; the RF is 18FR2246. I just checked on that price for the LF and that's crazy, I paid $42 apiece after rebate. But I also see the RF will cost you $49 after rebate. Still a great price for both. I'd jump on it.
Thanks I wanted to verify the part number.

OP
OP
Danzigman

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using them from my truck. No problems with them what so ever. Do yourself a favor and do the SS lines. Night and day difference in pedal feel.

View attachment 71112
Is this the power stop? Does the powder coat hold up to time? I actually have the Ss line kit. I have the rears installed. The kit I bought (name brand, can't remember which at the moment) had the older stay rear center lines that I could not use. Not sure it that will negate the purpose of the install.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
So far mine are holding up, ones I ordered are powerstop. my slotted creates a lot more dust than normal. Had mine installed since September.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score

I got goodridge. Came with 6 lines. I havnt installed the midlines. Those are above the rear axle

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also didn't install the line above the rear diff, it's pretty hard to access. I used the AC Delco calipers and painted them with caliper paint. Holding up well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev