2006 gmc yukon xl slt plus gauge cluster.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s just like odometer tampering. It’s only illegal if you don’t disclose it when you sell it. You would have to sign the title as it having incorrect mileage. It only costs about $40-50 to program it so why not have it done?
I will get it reprogram ... After I see if anything is wrong with it .. cluster is just a display .. so only real issue is reprogram mileage correct . Unless I find more issues when I test it ..

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let say you didn't reprogram it and just wrote mileage down . And didn't program it what would be the difference . Would cause a problem anywhere .

in California by law if the mileage is changed from actual you are required to write it on a sticker and place it either in the glove box or in the door jam where the vin code/manuf date is. i would imagine the law is similar in other states. if you change the cluster and keep the actual mileage then you are good it's only if it is different than what the odometer shows.
so it would be written like
208,900 actual
that way they know there is a 84k mile difference going forward

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would tech 2 program a gauge cluster ? And program a radio ? Witch model does all that ?

Would this do it ? Wifi version looks awesome.

I was reading on radios you got and tell radio witch speaker option you have etc .

cc713355fdf3188bc6b76a5ac98b0dda.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would tech 2 program a gauge cluster ? And program a radio ? Witch model does all that ?

Would this do it ? Wifi version looks awesome.

I was reading on radios you got and tell radio witch speaker option you have etc .

cc713355fdf3188bc6b76a5ac98b0dda.jpg
Tech2 or Tech2Win won’t program mileage in a cluster. It takes a special EEPROM programmer to do that. Tech2 will program a radio though, not sure about that VXDIAG. Look in your area for mileage programming, there’s usually a place to get that done.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching video . It be worth paying $100 to have cluster gone thru and fixed.before I install it .. I will still try it just to see if it's good . Great video .

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
He has quite a few videos about our clusters, adding the trans temp etc. sat in his shop while he added trans temp and turned it on for me. While I was there, had him redo all the steppers, change to LEDs and put white face Escalade in. Now my turn signals light up blue lol

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has quite a few videos about our clusters, adding the trans temp etc. sat in his shop while he added trans temp and turned it on for me. While I was there, had him redo all the steppers, change to LEDs and put white face Escalade in. Now my turn signals light up blue lol
Pics or it didn’t happen..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3