2006 gmc yukon xl slt plus gauge cluster.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 2005 denali cluster . It's questionable if it works .. I might have to send it in for fixing and program mileage ..
But has tranny temp gauge [emoji106] I got the xm module also.. [emoji106]

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 3 NBS designs. 00-02, 03-05, and 06. In 2006, the PRND is printed on the face with an orange indicator below.

View attachment 259398
What’s weird is that even though it looks mechanical, like there’s a cable connected to the shift lever that moves the orange dot from one to the next, it’s electronic just like the others. If you notice, even that Esky cluster in my NNBS Silverado looks like this one with the orange dots. It also only has an “M” for manual instead of 3-2-1 and if I manually downshift to 3,2 or 1 it just shows “M”. So that’s part of why I was saying that the difference in how that’s displayed doesn’t matter, it will still work. Except it won’t just be “M”.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
What’s weird is that even though it looks mechanical, like there’s a cable connected to the shift lever that moves the orange dot from one to the next, it’s electronic just like the others. If you notice, even that Esky cluster in my NNBS Silverado looks like this one with the orange dots. It also only has an “M” for manual instead of 3-2-1 and if I manually downshift to 3,2 or 1 it just shows “M”. So that’s part of why I was saying that the difference in how that’s displayed doesn’t matter, it will still work. Except it won’t just be “M”.

I think this is right. Why i first said I don't think the different PRND matters.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is but pulled from a unchecked rig. So can't I just plug it in mine see what it does ?
Might just need re solder job..1b1f81cf4976a227f18d24c57dbebfc1.jpg

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Reprogramming mileage and VIN you need the right software and EEPROM computer. Not something the average guy is gonna do himself. People who rebuild them or work on them usually can do this. Just don’t ask them to fake the mileage, it’s a felony. I’d think you’d have to have proof (your old cluster should suffice).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reprogramming mileage and VIN you need the right software and EEPROM computer. Not something the average guy is gonna do himself. People who rebuild them or work on them usually can do this. Just don’t ask them to fake the mileage, it’s a felony. I’d think you’d have to have proof (your old cluster should suffice).
You have to sign a mileage statement, just like you do on the title when you sell a vehicle.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let say you didn't reprogram it and just wrote mileage down . And didn't program it what would be the difference . Would cause a problem anywhere .

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let say you didn't reprogram it and just wrote mileage down . And didn't program it what would be the difference . Would cause a problem anywhere .

It’s just like odometer tampering. It’s only illegal if you don’t disclose it when you sell it. You would have to sign the title as it having incorrect mileage. It only costs about $40-50 to program it so why not have it done?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali