2006 gmc yukon xl slt plus gauge cluster.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has quite a few videos about our clusters, adding the trans temp etc. sat in his shop while he added trans temp and turned it on for me. While I was there, had him redo all the steppers, change to LEDs and put white face Escalade in. Now my turn signals light up blue lol
Let's see how it looks [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching video . It be worth paying $100 to have cluster gone thru and fixed.before I install it .. I will still try it just to see if it's good . Great video .

If you can disassemble the cluster, then changing the mileage isn't too difficult, but you will need a MiniPro or similar EEPROM reader/programmer to do it. If you don't already have the programmer, then you are not going to save much over having it done for you. They generally run $40-$120 depending on which one you buy.

I figured out the memory contents of the EEPROM a couple of years ago and posted it on this forum.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/update-to-adding-trans-temp-gauge.110600/

You can see how mileage is stored there, and how to change it. I've changed the mileage on a used cluster, as well as added a trans temp gauge. Like Mark said, changing the odometer is not a crime. What is a crime is committing fraud by misrepresenting the mileage on a vehicle that you are selling.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can verify that the different style shift indicators will work. My stock 2006 Denali cluster had the style that’s individual slots on the bottom of the speedometer with a little orange indicator that lights in each gear. I swapped to an Escalade cluster that came from a 2005 that I had rebuilt and programmed with correct mileage. So from 2003-2005 the shift indicator was a little electronic LCD display screen with PRNDL321, and in 2006 it changed to other style. Like the pic posted earlier in this thread. The LCD screen in the 2005 esky cluster in my truck works as it should.

SUP SR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I swapped an instrument cluster from a 2001 Yukon Denali into my 2002 Z71 Tahoe to get the transmission temp guage. It just plugged in and works fine. I also paid $100 to correct the mileage, added green LEDs, painted the needles bright orange and swapped the voltage guage motor from my Tahoe. Since I tow a boat, I also added a TruCool 40k transmission oil cooler - that dropped the temp 50 degrees.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I swapped an instrument cluster from a 2001 Yukon Denali into my 2002 Z71 Tahoe to get the transmission temp guage. It just plugged in and works fine. I also paid $100 to correct the mileage, added green LEDs, painted the needles bright orange and swapped the voltage guage motor from my Tahoe. Since I tow a boat, I also added a TruCool 40k transmission oil cooler - that dropped the temp 50 degrees.
Wonder if I hook my new lines up to a trucool 40k for the tranny I have a triple axle 7200 lbs each to pull . Bit more to cool down the tranny might be a good idea.....[emoji106] Stock auxiliary cooler must only be about what maybe 10k..08d5a7531478ad97270564762ea82719.jpg

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After good dig on youtube .. on that Escalade cluster I should be able to maybe just do a little soldering re-soldering it should be good to go. [emoji106] Guy said something about the shifter being black.. bit resoldering might fix that.[emoji106]

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to get my 04 esky cluster fully rebuild new lights, stepper motors, display message center cost me $160o_O with the guy coming to my home and doing it in his car. He said EVERYTHING was bad in my cluster and had to be replaced

Dave

BN2eaYxmqKKlYAlZKxqHS6iaDA=w834-h625-no?authuser=0.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71