2006 GMC Yukon XL front ride height .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want it stock front height looks low in front . 34-36 inch to front fender center . And I see bumpers underneith are already resting on pad .
But I have HD rear suspension coils with regular stock shocks OEM .. looks like rear pushs front down. Do I just get frontend alignment and have them tighten torsion bars up a bit. Please advise.
Winter tires are 245 75r 16 and summer 265 70 17.
Will this cause issues with my alignment? Tire height is the same . 30.5 inch .
IMG_20231221_163209768~2.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If by "bumpers underneith are already resting on pad" you mean that the front "jounce" stops are contacting the lower control arms, they SHOULD contact them. That point acts as a fulcrum in the front suspension.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If by "bumpers underneith are already resting on pad" you mean that the front "jounce" stops are contacting the lower control arms, they SHOULD contact them. That point acts as a fulcrum in the front suspension.
Ok so that's right height .. might just need alignment. And full tank of fuel and mount the spare again . Has anyone just ground off that second latch that always gives me trouble on spare cable ?

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I put HD springs in the rear of my XL it looked the same as yours. I put a couple turns on the torsion bars and had it aligned. Heres how she sits now sitting on a slight incline.
IMG_0934.jpeg

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes yours looks perfect . I will have to get spare back on and 1/2 tank gas and see how it's sitting .
Before alignment. But yes couple cranks on the torsion bars might get it where I want it. Is there any way to measure where yours is at. Like how much are the bolt stick it out. I'm in the rust belt but I have new rocker panels in the shed. Need to collect the rear panels yet.. Yours looks where I would like to get someday . Those fender flares look nice on there . Can you order them black ?
Mines 2006 GMC Yukon XL option 2 with 4:10 only missing the navigation radio. But came with towing HD suspension. Regular shocks but them rear springs are the heavy ones . Got lucky I didn't want to deal with any fancy air ride. But I have air bags to install in rear for towing . Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
add bit more info . I found that Z71 roof rack and main thing I wanted to add lights for reverse on the back . But then I got searching online put the spare on top. And add some lights . And in an off-road forum I seen this guy added air horn were the spare was .
And used air pump for his rear air bags for towing . ( It was one of them 5 horn train incoming horns)
He had four big spot lights on front of the roof rack. Kind of look like a GMC Yukon XL Enduro If find the picture I'll have to post it. That's just another way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts