2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went way across town and picked up a badass All Pro Apex off road bumper for my Tacoma that a family member wrecked earlier this week. Tahoe did better than ever towing even with the bigger cam (Yes it was only about 1,200lbs total). But still Managed 13.4mpg the entire trip with lots of traffic and the rest of the time doing 70+. Data logged the entire trip and filled out a ton of VE cells I hadn't been hitting around town. Everything was great until my ears began to bleed from the exhaust noise! Seriously continual 91 decibels on the highway was nearly unbearable. This was my first highway trip with the new exhaust and I am so glad its getting tamed tomorrow.
Allpro apex.jpg 20201002_192714.jpg
#fuzzygasstationpic20201002_193058.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Went way across town and picked up a badass All Pro Apex off road bumper for my Tacoma that a family member wrecked earlier this week. Tahoe did better than ever towing even with the bigger cam (Yes it was only about 1,200lbs total). But still Managed 13.4mpg the entire trip with lots of traffic and the rest of the time doing 70+. Data logged the entire trip and filled out a ton of VE cells I hadn't been hitting around town. Everything was great until my ears began to bleed from the exhaust noise! Seriously continual 91 decibels on the highway was nearly unbearable. This was my first highway trip with the new exhaust and I am so glad its getting tamed tomorrow.
View attachment 259170 View attachment 259172
#fuzzygasstationpicView attachment 259173
How much did the bumper itself weigh? Couldn't slide that sucker in the back with the 2nd row laying down?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did the bumper itself weigh? Couldn't slide that sucker in the back with the 2nd row laying down?

Its weighs right around 100lbs and I probably could have but I carry so much junk around in the back its easier to hook up my little trailer then to unload all the stuff. It worked out good too because I don't have anyone at home to help me unload it so I just backed the trailer into its spot under the barn until I get help.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rather disappointed the exhaust shop could only fit 1 set of mufflers without chopping the entire exhaust up and starting from scratch. They got the middle sized set of Vibrant bullet resonators in basically attached to the tips at the very back. At idle it knocked 2 decibels out. Anything over idle and there is no change at all. So I guess it's back to the drawing board. Probably end up replacing the magnaflow 12599 with something chambered which I didn't want to do.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rather disappointed the exhaust shop could only fit 1 set of mufflers without chopping the entire exhaust up and starting from scratch. They got the middle sized set of Vibrant bullet resonators in basically attached to the tips at the very back. At idle it knocked 2 decibels out. Anything over idle and there is no change at all. So I guess it's back to the drawing board. Probably end up replacing the magnaflow 12599 with something chambered which I didn't want to do.
Dammit. Bummer man. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo