2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not at all. I’m jelly of your wood, much nicer than my blocks. Where’d you get it?

When I rebuilt/added to one of my barns I kept all the post tops that had to be cut off, as well as some of the glulam beam ends. The glulam is much stronger than regular old pine especially for using on the jack as an extension.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice wood bro

i dont like the resonator mounted to the tip. i mean if you can hide it up under the truck no big deal but no for me. maybe if you shortened up the pipe between the two and make it just look like a large polished tip is a better look imo

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice wood bro

i dont like the resonator mounted to the tip. i mean if you can hide it up under the truck no big deal but no for me. maybe if you shortened up the pipe between the two and make it just look like a large polished tip is a better look imo

I agree to much in between I think I have a plan to hide 2 of the 3 sets of resonators and a backup plan if those don't quiet it.

Which I'm afraid they won't because I fooled around and did this today and couldn't tell a difference by ear or by the decibel meter which read 89db at idle 3 feet from the tips with and without the resonators attached. I think maybe with them before the muffler, and having a tail pipe to still travel through it will make a difference. Guess we will see Saturday when I get them welded in.

Also on rendition #20 of me myself tuning the truck with the new cam. Pretty proud of myself I've been hammering out a few logs a day running speed density only to fill in my VE table and spending considerable time hand adjusting individual cells. It's really fun kinda reminds me of a sudoku, which I actually hate doing lol.

Going across town tomorrow with a trailer to pickup a badass off road bumper for my backup toyota a family member wrecked earlier this week. I'm excited to log cells that I normally won't because I'll have the extra load. #supernerd

20201001_201815.jpg 20201001_174745.jpg

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should weld that exhaust up just like in that last pic, and get ya some swangas to go with them.

View attachment 259120

I already did, I got a couple tunes of JB weld and smashed it in there. Didnt want to actually weld it and mess up the nice polished finish. :joke:

I think they call that gangster stuff "Drip" now. For example "check out them swangers, home boi got the drip" Learned that today actually. :jester:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop