2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops forgot to add pics, although I'm disappointed with the sound the tips look great.

20201003_131052.jpg 20201003_131057.jpg
Dammit. Bummer man. Good luck.

It's ok live and learn. Somebody on here has a quote that says "experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted" or something like that and that's what this is lol.

I'm highly considering going back to a giant flopro oval they have 3 different models and previously I had the quietest of the 3. I emailed them asking if they have some an inside view of the different 3 models or a measured flow rate difference between them. I'd consider getting one of the louder models or possibly just go back with the one I already have and list the Megadrone 12599 for sale.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ok live and learn. Somebody on here has a quote that says "experience is what you get when you do get what you wanted" or something like that and that's what this is lol.

"...When you DON'T get what you wanted." Great quote.

I'm highly considering going back to a giant flopro oval they have 3 different models and previously I had the quietest of the 3. I emailed them asking if they have some an inside view of the different 3 models or a measured flow rate difference between them. I'd consider getting one of the louder models or possibly just go back with the one I already have and list the Megadrone 12599 for sale.

https://www.amazon.com/AP-Exhaust-Products-XS2579-Muffler/dp/B004A5OBVA

or

https://www.amazon.com/AP-Exhaust-P...ust+xs2589&qid=1601775398&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoops forgot to add pics, although I'm disappointed with the sound the tips look great.

View attachment 259194 View attachment 259195

It's ok live and learn. Somebody on here has a quote that says "experience is what you get when you do get what you wanted" or something like that and that's what this is lol.

Those do look good..!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to remove the curb feelers?

I agree to much in between I think I have a plan to hide 2 of the 3 sets of resonators and a backup plan if those don't quiet it.

Which I'm afraid they won't because I fooled around and did this today and couldn't tell a difference by ear or by the decibel meter which read 89db at idle 3 feet from the tips with and without the resonators attached. I think maybe with them before the muffler, and having a tail pipe to still travel through it will make a difference. Guess we will see Saturday when I get them welded in.

Also on rendition #20 of me myself tuning the truck with the new cam. Pretty proud of myself I've been hammering out a few logs a day running speed density only to fill in my VE table and spending considerable time hand adjusting individual cells. It's really fun kinda reminds me of a sudoku, which I actually hate doing lol.

Going across town tomorrow with a trailer to pickup a badass off road bumper for my backup toyota a family member wrecked earlier this week. I'm excited to log cells that I normally won't because I'll have the extra load. #supernerd

View attachment 259118 View attachment 259119

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good catch in the missing n't I'm a sloppy phone typer.

I might go ahead and order 2 of those and see how it does before I admit defeat. I'd like to go to a little higher class exhaust shop there's just no one open on weekends near me.

Two of them 22" mufflers? You must really want it quiet! I say this because I have a 22" and 18" for 40" total. Now, even with no cats, it's now a little quieter than it was with cats and that one 18" muffler. It still has a great sound, just lower volume.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 259194 View attachment 259195

It's ok live and learn. Somebody on here has a quote that says "experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted" or something like that and that's what this is lol.

So no swangas? Bummer. Looks good, too bad the sound isn’t what you wanted. I’m in need of drone elimination on my Silverado but not sure if a heimholtz will do it since it dumps right behind the cab. Stupid truck has zero room for exhaust. Sounds great when I’m getting on it but at cruising speed it drives me nuts. I also found out I’m no good at exhaust. Wish I had some of @Doubeleive ’s skillz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia