2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t hear shit except my exhaust maybe you need it louder. Pretty sure there’s no squeaks though.

No no no more loud lol, it's more of a creak then a squeak. Kinda like an old staircase and mostly during low speed parking maneuvers. Been doing it since I got it and was really hoping the total front end rebuild would fix it.

Mines pretty damn quiet. I had one little squeak, but since replacing the uca and lower ball joint, as well as new 5100’s up front, she’s stealthy.

Huh maybe I need to grease the UCA bushings better, I don't think I did at all since there's no zerk fitting. I like quiet

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I noticed mine creaking today. I had the uca--both, and those camber bolts--and those adj brackets replaced, including greasing all the zerks. I also gotta replace 2 zerk fittings. I'm at 295k tho. Are you around that mileage? Think it might be coming from your steering rack? The part that gets starved for grease--

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed mine creaking today. I had the uca--both, and those camber bolts--and those adj brackets replaced, including greasing all the zerks. I also gotta replace 2 zerk fittings. I'm at 295k tho. Are you around that mileage? Think it might be coming from your steering rack? The part that gets starved for grease--

About to roll over 263k, the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the steering box or the intermediate steering shaft which both could possibly cause it. No gonna shotgun replace those tho because they are both expensive and I have no steering play or other reason to replace them. Gonna try the beltech UCA bushings along with new bolts and grease the crap out of them. Then maybe look at body mounts. It's not a huge concern want to get the alignment perfected first.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
About to roll over 263k, the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the steering box or the intermediate steering shaft which both could possibly cause it. No gonna shotgun replace those tho because they are both expensive and I have no steering play or other reason to replace them. Gonna try the beltech UCA bushings along with new bolts and grease the crap out of them. Then maybe look at body mounts. It's not a huge concern want to get the alignment perfected first.
That's it--intermediate steering shaft--couldn't think what it was called.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getcha one of them fat chicks you wanna get with and have her sit in the driver seat and bounce up and down while you climb around under it and listen. If she isn’t bouncing hard enough mount a big ol’chick stick in the seat. :cool:

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getcha one of them fat chicks you wanna get with and have her sit in the driver seat and bounce up and down while you climb around under it and listen. If she isn’t bouncing hard enough mount a big ol’chick stick in the seat. :cool:

Where the best place to pick up one of those heffers? Golden corral? :bleh:

This is on my list to do.. I have a slight knock when steering sometimes, and pretty confident this is why.. [emoji3525] steering box is a tiny bit noisy as well, but nothing serious so far.

Get the Boregusson shaft it worked great on my Silverado, somehow this thing doesn't have the clunk.

I also still have the clunk in the front end when going from forward to reverse or reverse to forward. I feel like it was fixed after the front end rebuild so I wonder if ball joints wore out already. It happens on both sides independently of each other for example, this morning I backed up with the wheel turned hard making a 90* reverse maneuver. About halfway into the turn, the driver side made the clunk then just a second later I heard what I think was the passenger side. Then as I spun the wheel in the opposite direction and started moving forward it seemed like both clunked simultaneously.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros