2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went by powder guys shop today and check out his wheel stash. Actually not much compared to usual hes been diligently selling stuff instead of hoarding. Only thing he had for 6x139.7 is a set of 2 piece 23"asantis, 22" snowflake reps and some 22" OEM gmc wheels.

I did talk him into getting a scale and weighing different 20-24" gm wheels as he sees them. He swears 3 piece Vossens are some of the lightest hes seen and is what's on his avalanche now.
20210302_175924.jpg 20210302_175340.jpg 20210302_172229.jpg 20210302_172200.jpg

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any NBS guys have creeky sounds even after front-end rebuilds? I'm not certain it's coming from the front but it sure sounds like it. The alignment shop guy said I should lather the new UCA bolts in anti-seize and should one by one pull the body mounts out inspect and reinstall with lots of grease if they are still good which I'm fairly certain they are. I already went through and greased everything with a zerk fitting which didn't seem to help.

Went ahead and ordered new Moog UCAs to put the camber bushings in so I can get them 100% pressed in and squared away before I ever pull the truck back in the shop.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any NBS guys have creeky sounds even after front-end rebuilds? I'm not certain it's coming from the front but it sure sounds like it. The alignment shop guy said I should lather the new UCA bolts in anti-seize and should one by one pull the body mounts out inspect and reinstall with lots of grease if they are still good which I'm fairly certain they are. I already went through and greased everything with a zerk fitting which didn't seem to help.

Went ahead and ordered new Moog UCAs to put the camber bushings in so I can get them 100% pressed in and squared away before I ever pull the truck back in the shop.
I can’t hear shit except my exhaust maybe you need it louder. Pretty sure there’s no squeaks though.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mines pretty damn quiet. I had one little squeak, but since replacing the uca and lower ball joint, as well as new 5100’s up front, she’s stealthy.