2" front lift on Z71 w/ keys only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoolin

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you need to reverse the rubber bushings. Those little bits that extend out you have pointing to the silver cups are to center them and fill the hole in the bracket that you are mounting them to.
I only say that because they look similar, just smaller, to the bushings I just replaced on the sway bar ends links on my 2000 GMC Yimmy

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know what their over design limits were. Possible they designed the front to take a lots of abuse. Just i wouldnt use the keys had it bern my choice.
I probably wouldn't have done it if I had known about how your angles change but now I'm hooked on the look. I bet alot of people are like that.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you need to reverse the rubber bushings. Those little bits that extend out you have pointing to the silver cups are to center them and fill the hole in the bracket that you are mounting them to.
I only say that because they look similar, just smaller, to the bushings I just replaced on the sway bar ends links on my 2000 GMC Yimmy

ah... I had wondered that myself after having finished. The hole for the shock shaft is a bit larger than the shaft. I'm assuming those rubber nipples center the shaft in the mount.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Like this...

20180129_185504.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
ah... I had wondered that myself after having finished. The hole for the shock shaft is a bit larger than the shaft. I'm assuming those rubber nipples center the shaft in the mount.

Yup. Look at typ32 on the instructions. I think that's it.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it out. Spoke with a mechanic. The retainers clamp the bushings as so Nut Retainer ( D bushing... Hard to explain, but the mechanic said people put them in the wrong way sometimes to try and get the car a bit lower or a bit higher. But the correct way is with nipple on bushing fitting into the hole on the mount, and retainers cupping the bushings. Just as I had thought :)

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a photo on my phone... Here's the correct orientation. FYI ~ The new shocks, increased the height even further. I doubly have to lower the truck now as shocks just barely touch the bracket by the bump stop.

20180129_221728.jpg

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discovered the front of the truck is now a tad higher than the rear of the truck after installing the two new shocks on the front. Does anybody have the factory height specs? Or specs for factory key adjustments?

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that you want at least 5/8" between upper control arm and droop stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9