2" front lift on Z71 w/ keys only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i played with adjusting the driver side key a bit... i may have to put yhe factory keys in to get a 1" drop rear to front... however raised a few questions.

1. Has dreaded chevy lean. I want to pickup a sping off another tahoe or youkon at the salvage yard.. are these springs different for the z71? And or 2001 model yr?

2. Torsion bars have slop in the control arm. Is this normal?

3. How many turn are too many on the key set screw. I am assuming in thoery i could go down to the setscrew retainer. 3 full turns got me 0.5 inches and front end level.

Thanks!20180724_184855.jpeg20180724_184753.jpeg20180724_184816.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i played with adjusting the driver side key a bit... i may have to put yhe factory keys in to get a 1" drop rear to front... however raised a few questions.

1. Has dreaded chevy lean. I want to pickup a sping off another tahoe or youkon at the salvage yard.. are these springs different for the z71? And or 2001 model yr?

2. Torsion bars have slop in the control arm. Is this normal?

1. Are you still referring to the torsion bar or now the rear springs?

All TB should be the same on 1/2 ton frames. The 2500 have dif TBs.

if you are talking about rear springs, there are several different types on the 1500 frame, depending on the suspension package.

2. Mine fit snug but I don't see any harm unless you find that the suspension is completely unloaded. If you can hear the bar knocking in the control arm then I assume there is no tension or load on the suspension which is a major issue. Jounce the front of the truck and listen for metal on metal knocking like something is loose or lay under there and look at it with your hands on the bar while somebody else jounces the truck.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for the tips.

1. The rear springs. I was able to level the front of the car using the torsion bar set screws. The back still a bit of a lean.

2. It never clunks, or sounds like metal on metal. Didn't expect to see through the torsion bar key in the control arm though.

It's the Z71 suspension option. Maybe I'm better just getting a spacer for the shorter coil spring to even it out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts