2" front lift on Z71 w/ keys only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'd be happy to but this is a PITA to post pictures to. I'll post them when I have more time. Curious what does the CV angles have to do with the upper mount retainer orientation?

All you do is click "upload a file" and select the pic....

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are my angles. Theyre pretty steep with the keys cranked 2 inches, but I beat it offroad and havent had a problem yet (knock on wood) IMG_20170921_170308576_preview.jpg

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will you post a picture of what you are referring? when I did the shocks there was a stud that goes through the top mount with bushings on either side, the bottom fits into the lower shock bushing bracket with the OEM bolt. The shocks should have come with the 2 upper bushings and a brand new nut, so I would have to see pics of what is going on with your setup. I didn't use Bilstein..

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are my angles. Theyre pretty steep with the keys cranked 2 inches, but I beat it offroad and havent had a problem yet (knock on wood) View attachment 191716

My background is in engineering, altho it's computer engineering. I did some work on vehicles for data analysis. We talked a lot about this sort of thing amongst the mechanical guys and I do have a bit of study in statics & dynamics. It's very bad lol The stresses I'm sure are well out of design spec. But 4 wheel drive isn't enguaged that much. It's where it would be at it's highest stress level. I'd never recommend doing this, unless angles are kept very close to factory ~ which would require a lot of structural changes to the car, not quite sure how you'd do it really. Unfortunately, the guy I bought the truck from already lifted the front. I'll probably eventually lower it back to spec.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My background is in engineering, altho it's computer engineering. I did some work on vehicles for data analysis. We talked a lot about this sort of thing amongst the mechanical guys and I do have a bit of study in statics & dynamics. It's very bad lol The stresses I'm sure are well out of design spec. But 4 wheel drive isn't enguaged that much. It's where it would be at it's highest stress level. I'd never recommend doing this, unless angles are kept very close to factory ~ which would require a lot of structural changes to the car, not quite sure how you'd do it really. Unfortunately, the guy I bought the truck from already lifted the front. I'll probably eventually lower it back to spec.
There are so many guys on here with cranked keys though. You could always get a body lift.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is orientation i used to mount the shock... upper mount is in the middle.

I have also included the instructions which make no since. They reference a type number which they say is on the shock but none of the shocks have a type printed on them.

20180129_090636.jpg 20180129_090824.jpg 20180129_090820.jpg 20180129_090810.jpg