2/4 Drop..Help, Will this fit my Tahoe??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogue status hoho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, So I'm going to buy this Belltech 2/4 Drop kit from another member on here.. I need to make sure though before I buy it that its going to fit my ride. I have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.3L. Below is the add for it and i attached the image of the kit. Does the kit need anything else to install it? I want to make sure it fits and is ready to go. Thanks for your help!!

Belltech 2/4 Drop Kit (5305) includes bump stops/springs/keys/shock extenders/front nitro shocks. Been on the truck about a month or so, shocks 1 week.

Attachments

• belltech drop.jpg
    belltech drop.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 206
OP
OP
rogue status hoho

rogue status hoho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think I would need to buy Rear Shocks? because it only comes with the front shocks. Also I was reading that it might look to low so I should install 1" spacers? Is that true, or is that what the bump stops in the kit are? Thanks for the responses!! I really appreciate the help!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
No dude don't buy spacers, just intall it like that.
You could get new rear shocks but its not madatory as I see you have shock extenders fro the stock ones in the kit.

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install it......drive it......align it......let it settle in....then look at your 4 corner heights

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think I would need to buy Rear Shocks? because it only comes with the front shocks. Also I was reading that it might look to low so I should install 1" spacers? Is that true, or is that what the bump stops in the kit are? Thanks for the responses!! I really appreciate the help!

yes, get the shocks, if you have the factory big black shocks, it won't lower completely without them.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not too hijack the thread but ive just been looking for this drop on my truck, i was leaning more toward McGaughy's (#11008MGY on stylintrucks) or the belltech setup (757NDBLT ) price wise it comes out to be about the same, belltech supplies you with nitro's and mcgaughy's you find your own, ive heard more positives about Mc's and havent really heard much of anything about the nitro's that come with belltech, what are people running for shocks with this drop, i'd rather just get it right the first time rather than screwing around getting frustrated .................yeah i kno its a z71 but that giant gap above the backtire is killin me

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Let tybardy install it. He's really good at it.

I laughed so loud from the media room upstairs mind you, that my wife said "Honey - what's so funny??"

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84