2/4 or 2/3 drop for AutoRide LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtied

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a write up on anyone who did a 2/4 or 2/3 drop on an 07-13 step by step with a kit containing front spindles, rear springs and shock relocators?
I’ve watched several youtube videos and tried to sift through here - just want a budget friendly drop that maintains Z55
(current setup is 275/55/20 ‘21 silverado take offs)
Do I have to do the rear travel hack on 2/4?
What’s “level” of the two, 2/3 or 2/4?
Do I need new bump stops and if so, where do I find them?
Is this a kit I can install with jack and jack stands without much hassle?

any info or things to look out for appreciated!

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
I did a beltech 2/3 drop. There is a video on doing the drop on youtube. I think I only found a 4/6 drop so there were things I didn't need to do. For me it was just replacing the knuckles and the rear springs.

I watched this video and saw that it's pretty straight forward.

I did the 2/3 and didn't do the cutting for the free travel mod part. Dunno about 2/4 or 3/4 cutting.

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

NIevo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a beltech 2/3 drop. There is a video on doing the drop on youtube. I think I only found a 4/6 drop so there were things I didn't need to do. For me it was just replacing the knuckles and the rear springs.

I did the 2/3 and didn't do the cutting for the free travel mod part. Dunno about 2/4 or 3/4 cutting.

Before:

View attachment 364039

After:

View attachment 364040

I like the way that sits but looks like more then a 2/3 drop?

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Belltech 1019 - 2014-2020 GM SUV 2WD/4WD 2" F/3-4" R

Says it's a 2 inch front and 3 or 4 inch rear. I used the spring spacers in the rear and kept it a 3 inch.

When I put a tape measure on the front it wasn't a full 2 inches. Closer to 1.75.

I'm happy with the way it sits and rides.

belltech kit.jpg

OP
OP
Bowtied

Bowtied

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Before:

View attachment 364039

After:

View attachment 364040
Looks great!

OP
OP
Bowtied

Bowtied

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great!
Belltech 1019 - 2014-2020 GM SUV 2WD/4WD 2" F/3-4" R

Says it's a 2 inch front and 3 or 4 inch rear. I used the spring spacers in the rear and kept it a 3 inch.

When I put a tape measure on the front it wasn't a full 2 inches. Closer to 1.75.

I'm happy with the way it sits and rides.

View attachment 364115
so you put those black spacers to make it 3”, and put in the new bump stops (I don’t want to have to do the free travel mod if at all possible) - were there any other things you have to mess with autoride in the rear? There’s a kit a little cheaper on eBay that is essentially a knock off of this one + autoride sensor rods.
Did your Belltech kit come with those as well? I like the final results of the way yours is sitting!

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Yes, adding the 1 inch space keeps it at a 3 inch drop and no need to cut anything. This was on my 2019 so I'm not 100% sure on your 07-13 models and you know the kit you need for them is a different part number.

My kit did come with shorter rods for the auto ride stuff.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't buy the Belltech kit. the rear springs are crap (way too soft) with the Auto/Mag ride shocks. The Belltech kit also lowers 1" more than advertised in the rear (with the spacer under the rear spring it is a 4" drop). The Belltech shock "extenders" are also worthless as they literally do not drop the shock down at all but rather just move it back so it is more vertical. I do like the Belltech kit comes with shorter bump stops which looks better than cutting the factory ones and comes with threaded rods for the rear ride height sensors which looks nicer than bending them. I've been through a ton of parts and my recommendation is to use MaxTrac 271240 4" springs and either McGaughy's or DJM's rear shock extenders (I have two sets of these for sale) because they will actually drop the shock down and keep it very close to the length it is a stock ride height. Then use 2" knuckles in the front. As long as your shocks and the rest of the suspension aren't worn out it will drive and, more importantly, ride fantastic.

OP
OP
Bowtied

Bowtied

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't buy the Belltech kit. the rear springs are crap (way too soft) with the Auto/Mag ride shocks. The Belltech kit also lowers 1" more than advertised in the rear (with the spacer under the rear spring it is a 4" drop). The Belltech shock "extenders" are also worthless as they literally do not drop the shock down at all but rather just move it back so it is more vertical. I do like the Belltech kit comes with shorter bump stops which looks better than cutting the factory ones and comes with threaded rods for the rear ride height sensors which looks nicer than bending them. I've been through a ton of parts and my recommendation is to use MaxTrac 271240 4" springs and either McGaughy's or DJM's rear shock extenders (I have two sets of these for sale) because they will actually drop the shock down and keep it very close to the length it is a stock ride height. Then use 2" knuckles in the front. As long as your shocks and the rest of the suspension aren't worn out it will drive and, more importantly, ride fantastic.
I’ll dm you about those extenders, there’s a lot of budget kits with just rear springs and front spindles I’m looking at just to do it cheaper. The autoride pump sounds like it works and replaced the rear shocks oem, but I’m still getting a suspension warning and that could be because the fronts are toast. Happen to know the part number oem on the front struts? I see a lot of the conversion to bypass electric but I’d prefer whatever is a stock clone so long as it isn’t too expensive. Just replacing the rears alone made it not wobble all over the roads. also, is this a pretty doable job with a jack and jack stands, or is this a take it to the shop kind of drop? Can I just cut my factory bump stops in half and not do the free travel mod? - thanks

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are multiple part numbers of shocks so I would get with your local dealer and have them looked up by your VIN.

Knuckles aren't hard to install and very doable on jack stands. You will need a proper alignment after though, I would not drive it very far unless your tires are already trash and you don't care about damaging them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klis