1999 2500 Suburban 454 Talk me Out of It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the above. It looks super clean. 167k on the clock. I will be moving out of a 2005 LX470. Before that had a 2004 hoe and I miss it. I guess wanting to know why I wouldn’t like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask @bigfootchiro -- That's if he can talk yet with that big grin on his face.

I smile every time I drive it! Found my fiancé on the way home yesterday, slammed on the throttle and the 3-1 downshift is always fun lmao! She heard me all the way up behind her, then went flying by her.

So I swapped a Vortec 454 and 4L80e (might be 85, not sure yet) from a motorhome with 30K miles into my 1999 Tahoe. Yes, your fuel mileage is gonna suck, but you can do an 0411 PCM swap from a guy I found that will help with that, and overall power. As long as the Burb is clean and the drivetrain is good, I would be talking you into it, depending on price!

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting about 13 on the highway and 10-11 city. It stays pretty much the same, but I’m running super rich right now due to lack of exhaust.

OP
OP
turq

turq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting about 13 on the highway and 10-11 city. It stays pretty much the same, but I’m running super rich right now due to lack of exhaust.

My Lexus IS terrible. It’s full time all wheel drive and I average 13. So not far off what I’m getting in it.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Lexus IS terrible. It’s full time all wheel drive and I average 13. So not far off what I’m getting in it.

Then the big question is condition and price

OP
OP
turq

turq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then the big question is condition and price

It appears to be quite nice. Haven’t driven it as when I went they were replacing a noisy tension pulley. It needs inside handle on the drivers rear door and barn door. The panel on the barn door is missing, I’m guessing so you can open without handle, by pulling rod? 167k miles. Not sure if that’s high or not for this motor? Paint and exterior looks great. New tires. Asking 5700

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any pics you can share?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'd do it in a heartbeat. Looks pretty clean.