1996 Chevy Tahoe 4dr External Amplifier location for radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camsteff96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for the amplifier in my 96 hoe and can’t seem to find it i’ve looked on the internet and not seen much there’s one under my seat but that only turns off the back speakers does anyone know if that would fix my problem of my radio losing sound after being up to loud?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t have it, but it’s supposed to be under the dash by the steering column. I think it powered the rear doors - the front and headliner speakers coming straight from the head unit.

IMG_7626.jpeg

OP
OP
Camsteff96

Camsteff96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t have it, but it’s supposed to be under the dash by the steering column. I think it powered the rear doors - the front and headliner speakers coming straight from the head unit.

View attachment 419012
Ok thank you mine is under my seat some people have said it depends on what speaker system came installed but i was just making sure that was the amp before i bought anything for it thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz