Unfortunately, it’s time... 1999 4dr Tahoe 4x4 $1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the time has come... I’m finally fed up, because I don’t have the time, nor the resources, to figure out what’s going on... you can find links to my posts about the tapping sound that I can’t figure out.

Back story:
Truck just had a fresh top end rebuild with 906HD heads and many new parts. Was running beautifully, when it just shut off while on my way home. It was towed to my office, not even a mile down the road. Found out the battery was shot, under warranty, so dropped in a new one. Started right up, and had the new tapping sound that was not there prior to it shutting off. Haven’t been able to figure it out since... when we moved, I drove it from West Palm Beach to Largo, FL. Had to keep it in 3rd, because of the TC locked up in OD, Cylinder 3 would misfire causing the truck to buck and unlock the TC again. Truck shut off about 100 miles from Largo (there’s a video of the mishap in the Engine forum). Sat for a few minutes and it started right back up like nothing happened. Still runs and drives. I’ve taken it down the road and back, but not on long road trips like we used to.

So, I hope someone will appreciate this thing as much as I have, will fix it, and keep it on the forums here, because I would love to see it running again!

1999 Tahoe LT, lifted, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3, black 17" wheels, built 4L60E (according to previous owner), dual exhaust with Flowmaster Super 40, K&N FIPK Intake, AC Delco GFV fuel pump, Viper alarm, Pioneer speakers, Sony Subwoofer, JBL amp, JVC KD-X340BTS Head Unit, Summit Racing ** Ignition Coil, Taylor Wire Thundervolt 40 Ohm wires, Skip White Performance aluminum body distributor, Performance Distributors Vortec DynaMod, AC Delco MPFI, 906 heads, EGR Delete, new Fel Pro gaskets all throughout motor, coolant flushed, comes with new AC condenser and accumulator, rear differential serviced with new oil and gasket. New battery with 2 year warranty and fresh oil change, new updated PCM. May throw in a 4L60E w/ torque converter and NP246 transfer case that has 50K miles. Has knock in motor, but still runs and drives. It is definitely more of a tapping sound than a knock. Oil pressure is still good.

C9E0DADD-C569-4417-B457-407FB1D13E8B.jpeg 4529ACA6-BF40-4202-A3FC-AF0042BB367B.jpeg DABE5D88-082F-4396-821E-73788F0C0C63.jpeg D8D77656-79C2-42E8-A600-F9CDDE260987.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts