16 Tahoe Grease fittings.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those who DIY their maintenance, how often should I be greasing these suspension fittings? I use Lucas products on my trailer wheels. Do you guys have specific grease recommendations? Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What grease fittings? I bought a fancy lucas grease gun and the red-n-tacky and crawled underneath expecting to go to town and... 2 fittings! 2 lousy fittings on the tie rod ends, everything else is sealed. Of course I can pull the driveshafts and make sure the yokes have synthetic grease on them but that is it!

So Bob, come on over and grease your tie rods, if I don't share it, that tube will probably outlast me!

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What grease fittings? I bought a fancy lucas grease gun and the red-n-tacky and crawled underneath expecting to go to town and... 2 fittings! 2 lousy fittings on the tie rod ends, everything else is sealed. Of course I can pull the driveshafts and make sure the yokes have synthetic grease on them but that is it!

So Bob, come on over and grease your tie rods, if I don't share it, that tube will probably outlast me!

yeah seriously. Why bother with the 2. I was expecting a few more. Like you sad, grease will outlast us. Lol

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Every oil change or at least 2 times a year, IMO. Grease helps them last longer.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been doing them every other oil change. My OIC is 3 to 3500 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the zerk fittings on my 2006 have a "standard" thread? I think one of my fittings is clogged and needs to be replaced.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I personally never saw a difference in zerk threads for the GM products but am sure they may well be a difference.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess the thread is 1/8" tapered. I could pull one and find out. I also got remined that the fitting on the gun can be tightened and loosened to get the connection and have it not slip off when pumping in the grease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt